Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

AZUL experts - FEN baggage check through to another ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:19 am
Original Poster

We have two separate tickets:
- FEN-REC that is on Azul and booked directly with Azul
- REC-GRU-ORD. The first leg is on Azul metal the second is on United. This ticket was booked through United.

When I check in at FEN how flexible would they be to check my bags either through to GRU or all the way to ORD? I only have an hour between flights in REC and don't want to run out to pick up bags just to recheck them on the same airline. Some airlines are more willing to "combine" tickets for baggage then others. Any experience with AZUL on this? I assume the island sees this request more then most airports.

Obrigado

John
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
I think all you can do is ask at FEN. It may depend on the day you travel and how knowledgeable the check-in agent is. I haven't had to do that with Azul. Let them know you only have a one hour connection. Also , arrive early as it may take some time for them to figure it out. If they are agreeable then the bags should be checked all the way to ORD, as if you did have to recheck at REC, they would be checked all the way to ORD on the UA ticket.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qfrodo
I think all you can do is ask at FEN. It may depend on the day you travel and how knowledgeable the check-in agent is. I haven't had to do that with Azul. Let them know you only have a one hour connection. Also , arrive early as it may take some time for them to figure it out. If they are agreeable then the bags should be checked all the way to ORD, as if you did have to recheck at REC, they would be checked all the way to ORD on the UA ticket.
Thanks. Yes ORD will be ideal but at least while I am at GRU I have 4 hours free so if they don't want to mess with the international aspect I thought routing them to GRU might be a good option. We will see what happens. I plan to ask when we first arrive in FEN so I have some idea if it is possible.

Muito obrigado! ...And you have now seen the extent of my Portuguese so far
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AD does have an interline baggage agreement with UA, thus is it is down to AD willingness.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick follow up after the fact. We stopped by the FEN the day before departure when the counter was not dealing with an arrival or departure. A great agent named Joao helped us out and told us to find him at check in the next day. He worked some magic and checked the bags through to GRU.
qfrodo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.