Search

Delta Elite flying on Aeromexico?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Delta Elite flying on Aeromexico?

I'm currently a Delta Gold and I might be a Delta Platinum by the time I fly with Aeromexico for the first time in my life. Given my status with Delta, I'm also a SkyTeam Elite+ member. I'm looking at two different flights through an OTA that will take me to Havana and Bogota with Aeromexico. I looked at Delta's chart and it seems like most fare codes earn 100% MQM. Is it fair to say that even thought the fare code isn't displayed on the OTA's website, I'll probably earn MQM for my flights? What is the elite recognition like? I'm assuming I get free checked luggage and priority boarding as well? Anything else that I need to know as a Delta elite flying on Aeromexico?
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm currently a Delta Gold and I might be a Delta Platinum by the time I fly with Aeromexico for the first time in my life. Given my status with Delta, I'm also a SkyTeam Elite+ member. I'm looking at two different flights through an OTA that will take me to Havana and Bogota with Aeromexico. I looked at Delta's chart and it seems like most fare codes earn 100% MQM. Is it fair to say that even thought the fare code isn't displayed on the OTA's website, I'll probably earn MQM for my flights? What is the elite recognition like? I'm assuming I get free checked luggage and priority boarding as well? Anything else that I need to know as a Delta elite flying on Aeromexico?
basic and V class economy give you very little in perks even ... a platinum
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
basic and V class economy give you very little in perks even ... a platinum
Isn't V-fare also basic? So I don't get free checked luggage and priority check-in as a SkyTeam Elite+?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Basic fare = V class fare
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
Basic fare = V class fare
Do I get free checked luggage and priority check-in as a SkyTeam Elite+?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:25 am
Suspended

Do I get free checked luggage and priority check-in as a SkyTeam Elite+?
It is clearly spelled out on Aeromexico website if you care to look.
Also on some major OTA such as Expedia website.
RFNJ likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
'm looking at two different flights through an OTA that will take me to Havana and Bogota with Aeromexico.....
I looked at Delta's chart and it seems like most fare codes earn 100% MQM. Is it fair to say that even thought the fare code isn't displayed on the OTA's website, I'll probably earn MQM for my flights?
Most probably you will be under V fare , so check the delta charts

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners

What is the elite recognition like? I'm assuming I get free checked luggage and priority boarding as well? Anything else that I need to know as a Delta elite flying on Aeromexico?
one free luggage = yes
access to lounge in mexico = yes
pririty boarding = yes
fast track = probably yes .

About lounges in other airport you need to check .

For havana , you wont have access to the lounge cause AM dont want to pay for it

In bogota you might have access to VIP Lan lounge (if agreement still exists) Better to ask for voucher during checkin

You won't be able to choose your seat for free and probably the AM systems won't recognize your status , so you should bring your physical card with you all the time

check the restrictions for basic fares here = https://aeromexico.com/en-us/flight-...-classes/basic

to see if you will be under such fare , make a simulation with aeromexico and ITA matrix (check the booking code/class) If what you see there match the prices of OTA then you know what you will get
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:00 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Also no delta miles on the AM flights to/from Havana only DL flight to from Havana are eligible for DL miles
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
Also no delta miles on the AM flights to/from Havana only DL flight to from Havana are eligible for DL miles
Why? You mean no MQM as well?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:09 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Why? You mean no MQM as well?
because the Delta partner airline page explicitly calls out flights to Cuba can only earn miles on delta airlines operated flights, explicitly including MQM, RDM on their partner airline page.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.