Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

45 minutes enough for domestic transfer at CGH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat

Does anyone know about short transfers at CGH flying Gol?

I will land at 9:25am on GC1061 from GIG and want to change onto GC1016 at 10:10am to SDU. No checked luggage.

Separate tickets. CG1061 is part of a multisector ticket from Europe so I cannot change it or I would lose the rest of the itinerary.

I would like to get on GC1016 because I have friends on that flight.

Happy to hear any advice/personal experience.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Does anyone know about short transfers at CGH flying Gol?

I will land at 9:25am on GC1061 from GIG and want to change onto GC1016 at 10:10am to SDU. No checked luggage.

Separate tickets. CG1061 is part of a multisector ticket from Europe so I cannot change it or I would lose the rest of the itinerary.

I would like to get on GC1016 because I have friends on that flight.

Happy to hear any advice/personal experience.
You should be fine. CGH is a small airport and all flights are domestic. You won’t have to leave the terminal to make the flight. Check-in for your second flight before you leave GIG since you’ll be inside security when you land at CGH. There are three lounges if you get in early which you might have access to depending on status / credit cards.
HalconBCN likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Agree. Should be a quick and easy experience at CGH. Even if you happen to get a bus gate (there are 12 fingers + 8 bus gates I think) you are even likely to have time for a quick visit the Amex lounge (which is the only one airside -- though it is small and has no alcohol). Opposite gate 4.

Keep a watch at the monitors as last minute gate change is common.
HalconBCN likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the tips. This is putting my mind at ease

Worst case scenario if I missed the CGH-SDU because the inbound from GIG was delayed, do you think Gol would charge a missed departure fee to put me on the next flight to SDU? I am KL Plat is that helps.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
I doubt Gol would charge anything, especially since the delayed flight would also have been a Gol one, even if on a separate ticket. I'm not 100% sure, though.
HalconBCN likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suspended

And I don't think KLM frequent flyer progeam has anything to do with G3
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
And I don't think KLM frequent flyer progeam has anything to do with G3
Indirectly it does. The check in has SkyPriority sign with the AFKLM logos on it. Once you flash the platinum card staff bend over backwards to help with check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.