Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Aeromexico or InterJet Desirable Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Are Aeromexico or InterJet Desirable Airlines?

Because I live in Southern California, I can fly to South America more cheaply by going out of Tijuana, than the US Airports near me. Both Aeromexico and Interjet have very reasonable fares for my upcoming trip, and they fly the routes I need between Tijuana and Peru/Ecuador. I just would like to know if you all have found them good airlines to fly. Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Did you read the InterJet post in this same forum? Interjet (Mexico), the basics

You could not pay me to fly on a machine made in Russia.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:38 pm

I flew Aeromexico on a code share to Los Cabos. Had no problems or issues. Everything was fine.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:49 pm

Interjet is a good airline and somewhat similar to JetBlue in the US in my opinion. They are definitely a step above Volaris and Vivaaerobus, the other Mexican discount carriers although I like those airlines too. Aeromexico is similar to a US legacy carrier.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Interjet has yet to see any progress restarting their Russian fleet, so that is not a concern at the moment. For right now, they are pretty much only Airbus 320s of various types. I know people who use the JFK-MEX route and swear by it. They are an economy class only airline, so it depends on what you need/want.

I have been an AeroMexico regular for about 10 years now. They are a solid airline, 49% owned by Delta. The planes for the most part are pretty new. But I would tell you to do your research, moreso if you are a business class client. AM primarily runs the 737, even on overnights. So you are not going to get a lie flat seat. I have read a number of complaints from people who assumed because they were booked in business class on an international flight it would be a lie flat. This was their mistake, not AeroMexico's.

Their customer service I would still consider a work in progress, but improving. The Delta purchase has made a difference for the better. I have had the occasional complaint, but nothing that has kept me from booking with them.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AM is a full member of SkyTeam, so that one would get elite benefits and FF credit.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
Suspended

The problem with Mexico based airlines is, they are not trained and not motivated to handle problems. Whenever there is a delay, lost/broken luggage or any irregularities, the staff's first reaction is to deny, blame on others, then find an excuse to get himelf (or herself) out of the situation so he/she does not have to deal with it.
PointWeasel and SuperG1955 like this.

Last edited by Mama; Oct 30, 2019 at 7:45 am
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Originally Posted by Mama
The problem with Mexico based airlines is, they are not trained and not motivated to handle problems. Whenever there is a delay, lost/broken luggage or any irregularities, the staff's first reaction is to deny, blame on others, then find an excuse to get himelf (or herself) out of the situation so he/she does not have to deal with it.
That is common, but not always the case. I can only speak for AM. I have had cases of missed flights and delayed baggage where they have been excellent. I have had problems where they have been exactly as you describe. While they are not to the standards of the shareholder Delta, they are not the worst I have experienced.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just flew interjet on SJD-GDL. The airfare was very inexpensive. Since it was domestic, online check in and print boarding passes.

At Gate no group boarding. I found seats comfortable and plenty of room, recline. No internet, TV or power ports. No luggage police at gate. On board free drinks, rum or beer, free chips. Free seat selection (except XL and Exit). I found everyone courteous and on flight on time.

I did have an inquiry, emailed, received useless response, called and CS was also a bit lost, they prefer to answer something else than say I don't know.

Overall, I would fly them again.

At gate, a lot of flights to Tijuana, many SoCal residents opt for Interjet since it is very cheap and the TIJ airport is convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.