Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOL record locators on partner bookings

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

GOL record locators on partner bookings

I have 2 flights with GOL booked for later this year on PNRs linked to partners.

One is booked by Emirates and the other by Air France. Neither are able to provide me with the GOL record locator and their own locators don't show up on the GOL site.

I've tried contacting GOL via their web chat but it seems to be an automated system that doesn't understand what I am asking.

Is there any other way to figure out the GOL record locator? If I call their call center in Brazil will they give it to me on provision of name and flight number?
Old May 18, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Don't have a definitive answer, but when I have included a GOL flight on a UA ticket, the UA web site provided the record locator. However, when going to the GOL web site the response was always contact the reservation center. Never bothered to do that. So even if you get the information, you may always need to call. The only Brazilian airline it would work with was JJ, as JJ used to be in Star Alliance and the system connectivity must have remained when they left. Even with Azul, which UA has an 8 percent stake in, it works like with GOL.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:40 am
Original Poster

For reference, I was able to message GOL via their Twitter account and they got back to me promptly with their system record locators. I was then able to secure seat assignments online.
The doomed likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by B747-437B
For reference, I was able to message GOL via their Twitter account and they got back to me promptly with their system record locators. I was then able to secure seat assignments online.
They were very efficient!
B747-437B likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Just to complete the info for this topic, the web chat has an automated system but if you put 3 or more questions, if will show up a "call center image" at the bottom of the page. Just click there and you'll be redirect to a person
B747-437B and ijgordon like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psbaj
Just to complete the info for this topic, the web chat has an automated system but if you put 3 or more questions, if will show up a "call center image" at the bottom of the page. Just click there and you'll be redirect to a person
I ended up doing this.
Amex Online Travel (Expedia?) didn't have access to the G3 record locator (it was a DL itinerary) and so while the agent was calling the airline, I did a quick chat online with an agent who gave me the G3 PNR, which I was able to use to pull up the reservation on the Gol website. Yes, it only shows on the Portugese version but the Google Translate button worked well. I was able to assign seats. We got Comfort+, I believe because we were on a "Max" fare given the booking was Delta business class (booked in "I" inventory on a DL-marketed codeshare for the G3 flight). I also had to put in our SkyMiles number (didn't carry over from Amex, shocker), and it seems to recognize my Gold Medallion status.

I can also see my reservation on the iPhone app, but I don't see how to change the seat assignments.

FWIW, I hung up on Amex Travel, but they called me back with the G3 record locator, which I guess they got from calling Gol. It apparently doesn't show in the reservation on their system.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I used CheckMyTrip App with the Expedia provided locator which translated in the GOL locator. I added this number to the GOL app and it worked.

No email, no tweet, no phone!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But who needs another app!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.