Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico domestic Classe Premier vs AM Plus confusion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser

Hello, seeking the advice of AM experts here.

I have a business class Classe Premier booking (D class) for a domestic flight in March, AM571 MEX-CUN.

Travel agent notified me of a schedule change; only 5 minutes so I accepted. When the updated itinerary arrived, I noticed it said "economy" in place of "business class" on the original. On the seatmap on the AM website, the 737-800 is showing as 3x3 seating instead of 2x2 and we're in 2A&2B so no middle seat blocked; it looks like economy seating but available for purchase

Is AM571 a one-off flight without business class? If so, I suppose I could ask the TA to switch to an earlier or later flight that does have it, assuming I would then get the proper business cabin with 2x2 seats and lounge access etc? Or is there no point because AM changing all its domestic flights this way?

If I cancel the current TA ticket and directly book the same 3x3 seats I currenlty have on AM571 as "AM Plus" for a much lower price, would I then get Skypriority boarding or not? These "AM Plus" seats are advertised as including "Sky Priority" but when you click on the "AM Plus" in the details tab it says "only for Classe Premier" so I'm totally confused.

Thank you for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.