Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegiant first timer. What to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I ended up flying Allegiant a second time (back down to Florida from Pittsburgh) because they had a nonstop flight from PIT to SFB (Sanford, FL) departing within 30 minutes of my mom's flight to BOS. The fact that it was $100 v $400 on every other airline sealed the deal.

Like my first flight, this one was also on time and uneventful. Since they charge money for everything, and most people don't partake, the snack service was incredibly fast. There was a credit card pitch about 20 minutes prior to landing (I must have slept through it on my flight up), but it wasn't extremely bothersome.

Arriving at SFB was an unexpected awesome experience. The total time elapsed between touchdown and me getting behind the wheel of my (on site) rental car was 12 minutes! (MCO might be closer to Disney, but the car rental drill alone sucks up 45 minutes).

The fact that G4 serves many routes only 2-3 times per week is definitely a strike against them, but if the schedules work for you, I have no problem recommending them.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:45 am

I find most Allegiant trips to be like your experience - uneventful and inexpensive. I wish they would expand more out of OAK, but unfortunately they just closed their pilot base here in July, so I guess it didn't work out.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:58 am

Booked a ticket for later this month.

I plan on taking a backpack that fits the personal item criteria. That being said, do they actually force you to put it under the seat, or can you just toss it up top? Obviously Id appreciate the extra leg room, even if it does fit under my seat.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Booked a ticket for later this month.

I plan on taking a backpack that fits the personal item criteria. That being said, do they actually force you to put it under the seat, or can you just toss it up top? Obviously Id appreciate the extra leg room, even if it does fit under my seat.
I can't recall where I stored my backpack on either of my two flights, but the FAs didn't seem to policing anyone.
jamesinclair likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
In my (limited) experience, they police at the gate, but not on board.
jamesinclair likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I recently did CVG-JAX on G4. Was way cheaper and nonstop compared to legacy airlines. Paid $20 for a carry-on and $8 to select a window seat. Seats, armrests were narrow and tray table was tiny. Otherwise, plane was clean and in newish condition. Would definitely fly them again for a short flight.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Friend taking Allegiant for the first time this weekend. For getting a better seat without paying, is there an advantage to waiting until closer to the flight time to check in?

On AA, basic economy passengers are assigned seats at check-in, so on a full flight, there is an advantage to waiting until all the middle seats on the map are gone. On UA, basic economy passengers are assigned seats before check-in so it doesn't matter when you check-in. Just wondering what Allegiant does. ​​
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:36 am

Any recent experiences lately, post-COVID? Thanks in advance
Marbee likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bruegelpie
Any recent experiences lately, post-COVID? Thanks in advance
I’m assuming you didn’t get any responses, but I was hoping maybe someone shared with you in a DM and you could share here. I’m curious myself…
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I might also consider flying this airline in the upcoming future as Allegiant is offering a $38 fare ( $84 with the carry-on, seat selection bundle ) while all legacies are pricing $200-250 for the same date and the same route despite being direct or connecting while Allegiant is flying direct. I also don't need any miles on any carrier as well.

Any experiences would be appreciated.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Member

I have flown non-rev on them about every two weeks for years, including through the pandemic, as my SO is active flight crew at ALGT. What specific questions do you have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.