Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico delayed baggage compensation - restrictive as hell

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus

My sis was rerouted partly on Aeromexico by US Air due to a US AIr delay. Flew first segment PHL-ATL on US Air and second segment ATL-MEX on Aeromexico(Delta cobranded flight, but Aeromexico was the official brand for her passage).

My sis filed a claim with Aeromexico to get her bags from CLT which was part of the original routing on US Air. It took Aeromexico 4 days to get her bags and the rep told her that for her trouble, all she had to do was show up at the terminal in person prior to leaving MEX and claim her $100 cash. She takes the trouble of going to the separate terminal and the stupid company insists on the original baggage claim paper despite the fact that my sis had a copy of it on her phone and she could print it again. AT no point did the aeromexico rep said that she had to bring any kind of paper - original or copy. Shouldnt they ahve this info in their system to begin with>

To make it worse, she said that Aeromexico said merely having someone bring the original later wouldnt be enough either. It would have to be the original person with an ID and the original paper claim issued to her to qualify for the cash at the MEX airport only. My sis thought she was actually being proactive by copying the original on her phone.

Sis learned a valuable lessson not to accept a reroute on another carrier when checking in bags , especially an airline like Aeromexico even if US Air was probably more to blame for the delay.

So, any suggestion on what my sis could do to easily claim her cash? She could send a brief email to Aeromexico customer service but I suspect that they would , at best, give her a voucher she would not use in a year anyway. Not worth the trouble. She already wasted a lot of time and money buying new stuff because she packed her carryon for nearly 2 days. There is nothing on their website which even mentions the restrcition to claim the cash. Actuallly, their website is one of the worst airline websites I have seen and doesnt even mention the $100 compensation.

Last edited by saneman; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:41 am

Aeromexico

The numbers to Aeromexico's baggage claim department in Miami are 305 870-6445 and 305 870-6446.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.