Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help with info on Birmingham transfer from Air Transat to Flybe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to get info on transferring from Air Transat to a follow on flight by Flybe at BHX. I have the BHX map, but cannot find where Air Transat arrives. I can find Flybe departures. Anyone have any better info?? Any help appreciated!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:54 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let's see if the readers of the Travel->UK forum can help. I'll move this there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by nylicence
I am trying to get info on transferring from Air Transat to a follow on flight by Flybe at BHX. I have the BHX map, but cannot find where Air Transat arrives. I can find Flybe departures. Anyone have any better info?? Any help appreciated!
TSC arrives at terminal 1 but the gates are common-use so it could be any one. FlyBe departs from terminal 2.

It's a relatively small airport and the walk from1 (after customs) to 2 is less than 100 yards.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
They've actually re-worked BHX airport now, so when you come out of the customs hall, you're deposited in the link area that runs between what used to be the two terminals.

http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/~...maps-2011.ashx

You simply hang a right as soon as you're in the public area and terminal 2 (as it was) is right there. Check in with FlyBe then you'll be sent upstairs to the security area and back into departures.

There's not THAT much airside, so depending how long you have between flights you might not want to go through straight away.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
They've actually re-worked BHX airport now, so when you come out of the customs hall, you're deposited in the link area that runs between what used to be the two terminals.

http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/~...maps-2011.ashx

You simply hang a right as soon as you're in the public area and terminal 2 (as it was) is right there. Check in with FlyBe then you'll be sent upstairs to the security area and back into departures.

There's not THAT much airside, so depending how long you have between flights you might not want to go through straight away.
And you can walk between "Terminal 1" and "Terminal 2" airside anyway, Terminal 2 seems dreadfully dingy these days, but Terminal 1 is quite nice.

I'd say there wasn't that much landside either
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by iainbhx
And you can walk between "Terminal 1" and "Terminal 2" airside anyway, Terminal 2 seems dreadfully dingy these days, but Terminal 1 is quite nice.

I'd say there wasn't that much landside either
Very true, it's just once you are airside you're a bit stuck!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Since these two flights will almost certainly be on separate tickets, be aware that if your TS flight is delayed so you miss your BE flight (or maybe just even the check-in cutoff!), you may have to buy a new ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.