AM MIA - MEX 28 May 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifemiles Gold, COPA 1K, Hhonors Diamond, Carlson Gold
AM MIA - MEX 28 May 2012

Hi all

I need expert advice.

I booked a ticket LIM-SAL-MEX-JFK~MIA-MEX-LIM. I didn't really want to go via MEX but it was all that was available.

On 28 May I was returning MIA-MEX-LIM.

The first issue was they refused to interline both me and my luggage. This is a bit of an issue in MEX as you need a boarding pass to take the train between terminals. They sent me to TACA at 04.00. No surprise there was no one there.

The flight was scheduled to leave at 07.00 but we all boarded and there was a technical problem so we had to get off and go to the AM check in to get re-booked. Of course, the gringo ended up last in the line after everyone else pulled all the stunts.

By now it was 09.30 and they had fixed the problem but my plans were ruined so I asked to be re-routed on TACA direct to LIM.

The plane took off at 09.55. My re-routed flight was scheduled at 16.05.

I was offered nothing more than the re-route.

Am I entitled to more? Other people received vouchers for food etc. am I entitled to any compensation or return of fare being that MIA-LIM is more direct than MIA-MEX-LIM.

Thank you for your help with this problem.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifemiles Gold, COPA 1K, Hhonors Diamond, Carlson Gold
Bump up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.