Wiki Posts
Search

Gol help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Gol help

Does anyone have experience with Gol.

I have bought 2 tickets and the travel agent has sent me e ticket numbers and what I think is the locator number G3/******

When I try to add the flights to the app with either the e ticket or locator numbers they are not found.

I signed up an account and am having even more trouble with the website, logged out I can set it to english but as soon as I log in the language changes to portuguese and I can't change it to english, in my settings the language is set to English and I have tried different browsers,

I just about figured out how to navigate the website but get the same issue of the numbers not being found.

Does anyone have experience of Gol that can help?

Last edited by kudos1uk; Jun 18, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
On Chrome add in the Google Translate extension and right click on the page and select translate to English. Not perfect but at least you'll know more or less what the page says.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:09 am

I had big issues too when trying to use the Other (US) translation of the site. Many of the buttons don't seem to work.

Try looking at the site in English and have the Portuguese site open in another window. Add the details on the Portuguese site and see what happens.....it worked for me. I know that there are many complaints about the app and checking in online so I wouldn't bother with that one.

If all else fails try messaging them on Facebook. You might have to try every day for a week, but when someone does reply they sort it quickly.

Good luck!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babyeddiedog
I had big issues too when trying to use the Other (US) translation of the site. Many of the buttons don't seem to work.

Try looking at the site in English and have the Portuguese site open in another window. Add the details on the Portuguese site and see what happens.....it worked for me. I know that there are many complaints about the app and checking in online so I wouldn't bother with that one.

If all else fails try messaging them on Facebook. You might have to try every day for a week, but when someone does reply they sort it quickly.

Good luck!
Many thanks, this (and using Google translate) to work out what the buttons did was what I did.

I just can't get the website or the app to find my flights, I tried the webform and Twitter but they have not replied to either, I only want them to add my flights to my account.

I guess you are right, maybe I should forget the app and just checkin "old school" at the airport, it just makes me more comfortable to confirm my flights in the app.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by kudos1uk
tried the webform and Twitter but they have not replied to either, I only want them to add my flights to my account.

I guess you are right, maybe I should forget the app and just checkin "old school" at the airport, it just makes me more comfortable to confirm my flights in the app.
I know what you mean. If you have a Facebook account try that. I sent two messages and posted on their community page. After a week they did respond and were very helpful. I did read numerous posts about the app causing frustrations, so don't worry too much.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babyeddiedog
I know what you mean. If you have a Facebook account try that. I sent two messages and posted on their community page. After a week they did respond and were very helpful. I did read numerous posts about the app causing frustrations, so don't worry too much.
Thanks, I will try that, I have even been translating my Twitter messages into portuguese in the hope they might help or at least reply.
babyeddiedog likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:47 am
Original Poster

I fixed this so thought I would update in case others have a problem.

I got a reply on twitter to say that any flights bought via a travel agent can't be added to your GOL account, a bit odd as it limits their ability to sell add on items, that is the officiel line.

In their reply they gave me the correct "locator code" the one I had in the travels agents email was listed as "airline reference" but apparently not a locator code.

With the correct "locator code", I tried adding my flights to the app, despite being told it is not possible, i successfully added my flights. Who knows??

EDIT: Although showing in the app, it still does not show in my online account and nore can I add it, if you use a travel agent, use the app to manage your trip.
The doomed likes this.

Last edited by kudos1uk; Jun 21, 2019 at 5:54 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So there's a similar thread where I just posted an update on this topic, FWIW:
GOL record locators on partner bookings
The doomed likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Gol 7682 - gru-eze

Recently flew GOL for the first time in 5 years. Can check out my experience below. Hope this helps anyone thinking about future travel plans with GOL. Happy New Year.

The doomed likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.