Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aerolineas Argentinas - any recent experience?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Aerolineas Argentinas - any recent experience?

I need to travel Buenos Aires to Sydney in January 2013 and they are by far the cheapest for Business Class but seem to have a terrible reputation for seats, food, service, the lot. Has anyone had a good experience with them recently?
Old May 13, 2012, 9:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
they were bad 10-15 years ago and have gone downhill since....

how much more does the 2nd lowest bidder cost?....
Old May 13, 2012, 10:11 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
steve42, welcome to FlyerTalk! Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to our Other N. & S. American airlines forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...m-economy.html
Old May 13, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
Aerolineas Argentinas is one of the world's worst airlines and is to be avoided at all costs, especially on a long haul. Their business class product is outdated by at least twenty years. They are notorious for work stoppages, mechanical delays, and hemorrhaging money. LAN, on the other hand, is a well run operation that has an extensive intra-Argentina network (though not as extensive as Aerolineas Argentinas). If you are based in and or will be traveling extensively to/from EZE OneWorld is your best bet with AA, IB, and LAN all have many daily flights.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: okay
I flew on them back in October 2009 and they were fine. It was just a 4 hour flight, but everything was on time, the bags came out quickly after the flight, and I didn't have any problems. Granted, had it been a longer flight or something things could have been worse...
Old May 15, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Based on some of the horrors I have read, I would also second Rock's comments. I'm not sure of the price and your budget, but I would look at EZE-SCL-SYD on LAN and Qantas.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: Nada!
EZE to Bahia Blance or Trelew

Has anyone had any experiences flying intra country from AEP? I'm wondering about on time performance from AEP.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas
Has anyone had any experiences flying intra country from AEP? I'm wondering about on time performance from AEP.
http://www.aa2000.com.ar/

You can always go here and look up AEP and see the daily disaster board.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: Nada!
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
http://www.aa2000.com.ar/

You can always go here and look up AEP and see the daily disaster board.
Thanks and it is a disaster!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:05 pm
Company Representative - Milez.biz

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles & More, Flying Blue
Hi there,

I haven't been able to find the redemption rates for Aerolineas SkyTeam awards (only for some of the airlines).
Does anyone know if they are already available?

Thanks
ph
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Worst airline I have in all my years of flying. Just flew Mia-Eze in club condor. What a joke!!!
1. Flight departed almost 6 hours late.
2. Seats in club condor on the A340-300 that we were on, were older than Noah.... Material all torn and warn.
3. The IFE screen that I took out of the seat to watch, was covered in food - I promptly replaced it and didn't touch it again.
4. Food was very average and not very hot.
5. After the lunch service, the flight attendants disappeared for the next 7 hours. No water or drinks were offered during this time - although I guess you could try to find a FA and get one.
6. Flight attendants we're very unhelpful and looked very unhappy.
7. SAFETY concern - bags from other passengers were left at their feet during take off and landing, as was a 2 year old child sitting on the floor at his parents feet!!
The old saying holds true - you get what you pay for. I should have known that this business class ticket was too good to be true.
AVOID Aerolineas Argentina if at all possible.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I recently flew AeroMexico from EZE to MEX. Airline uses Aerolineas lounge at EZE. Full of families with noisey children, poor food and drink selection. Story in the local paper saying how pround Aerolineas was that it was now flying from EZE to JFK. Of course that night the flight was to depart EZE an hour late. The airline is really a joke, as is the whole of the Argentine govt.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Does anyone know what to expect for a flight from GIG-AEP on AR in Y? I know delays are common and cancellations apparently too. Is that more the case though for domestic flights or are international flights equally affected?
Besides that how is the on board service (food, service etc.) on the 737-700 and how is ground handling?

Unfortunately TAM had no more seats and EK leaves too late from GIG so I am stuck on AR.

I guess arriving at AEP is a plus though considering how close the airport is to town. Therefore even with a 1h delay it is probably still quicker than flying in to EZE.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: areolineas argentinas
Originally Posted by steve42
I need to travel Buenos Aires to Sydney in January 2013 and they are by far the cheapest for Business Class but seem to have a terrible reputation for seats, food, service, the lot. Has anyone had a good experience with them recently?
I travel 100,000 miles a year on this airline and have done for the last 8 years.
so I know what I am talking about....
Cheap..yes....
Comfort: Business class ..Is acceptable just..
Plane is old but reliable.
Route time about 15 hours to Australia and 13 1/2 hours return direct
Food Business class...Just Ok....1 x Supper 1 x Breakfast
Overall Rating about a 5 1/2 /10
Hope this helps
Sly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.