Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to use GOL Website?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Question How to use GOL Website?

Hello All,

OK, so I don't speak Portuguese and maybe I'm just plain dumb, but can anybody help me with using GOL's website to book a ticket?

Problems:

(1) What does "PS" mean in the context of personal details? (It's after "Mobile phone number" and before "ID document!")

(2) What am I doing wrong to get the error: "IssuedByCode = none: Field exceeds maximum allowable length?"

(3) Why does my Flying Blue number (which I entered correctly, with or without the leading "00") get flagged as "invalid?"

Would really appreciate any help - even if it means admitting that I'm in the "Low IQ" category!

-- Henry
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: E50 MM
Are you trying with the English site? Go to www.voegol.com (instead of www.voegol.com.br) and select "Other Countries". As for your FF number, present it when you check in. Even when you put the correct number in online, it often needs to be re-added in at check in.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rushfan1
Are you trying with the English site? Go to www.voegol.com (instead of www.voegol.com.br) and select "Other Countries". As for your FF number, present it when you check in. Even when you put the correct number in online, it often needs to be re-added in at check in.
I tried the English site, although at one point the system 'reverted' to Portuguese. As far as the "PS" field goes (this is in English), it becomes "CFP" in Portuguese - I still have absolutely no idea what it could be!

-- Henry
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
CPF is "cadastro de pessoas fisicas" and is kind of like a SSN in the US, there is a thread or two in the Brazil forum where some folks state they have used dummy or fake CPF numbers and had no problems. I was under the impression that they asked for it to check against a database, but maybe not. Another person said they just put the number "1" in the field and it worked. YMMV.

Also, if you are connecting to a domestic flight in Brasil from an international flight, several of the US airlines will book the domestic leg in conjunction with the international traval, but apparently won't book the Brasil domestic leg by itself. For Gol, I think Delta and AA do this if that helps you.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Rushfan1
Most of the time these non-Brazilian sites do NOT have the sale fares that the local site has. I had to navigate in Portuguese to get one flight on sale booked. The fare itself probably had SITI requirement.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qfrodo
CPF is "cadastro de pessoas fisicas" and is kind of like a SSN in the US, there is a thread or two in the Brazil forum where some folks state they have used dummy or fake CPF numbers and had no problems. I was under the impression that they asked for it to check against a database, but maybe not. Another person said they just put the number "1" in the field and it worked. YMMV.

Also, if you are connecting to a domestic flight in Brasil from an international flight, several of the US airlines will book the domestic leg in conjunction with the international traval, but apparently won't book the Brasil domestic leg by itself. For Gol, I think Delta and AA do this if that helps you.
Actually, I made the assumtion that it was 'country phone code' and typed in 44 (UK); this seems to keep the machine happy.

I'm flying to Brazil (GIG) with AF/KLM, who did offer a connexion to IGU but at a far more expensive price than buying the separate ticket from either GOL or TAM - and their route went via GRU rather than GIG ... I'd rather have a day or two in Rio than in Sao Paolo!

-- Henry
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by Henry III
Hello All,

OK, so I don't speak Portuguese and maybe I'm just plain dumb, but can anybody help me with using GOL's website to book a ticket?

Problems:

(1) What does "PS" mean in the context of personal details? (It's after "Mobile phone number" and before "ID document!")
I ran into this same problem a week or two ago when I was buying tickets for EZE-GIG-EZE on the U.S. Gol site. I found the answer on Yahoo Answers. Evidently, PS stands for passport according to the Portuguese language help site. I typed in my passport and was able to complete the purchase after dealing with some credit card problems (see below).

I tried paying with my AMEX Platinum, which is U.S.-issued and a card I use in Argentina all the time with no trouble. The card got rejected and I tried going through the process a couple times with no luck. So I called the Gol Argentina office and they tried running it over the phone and denied again. So I called AMEX and their records showed that there wasn't even a charge attempt from GOL in the system. I went back to the GOL site and tried running the purchase with my SPG AMEX card and it went through the first time. I wanted to the use the other one since there isn't any foreign transaction charge. I suppose I will see if I can get AMEX to refund the charge as a customer service gesture.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Just had trouble making a booking with GOL. I managed to sort it by putting in 1 in the PS box. Also where i filled in my name I left the middle name box blank (which has middle name in it in light grey) and it has actually called me XXXXX Middle Name YYYYYY on my ticket. Hopefully the check-in agents won't be so stupid that they kick up a fuss
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I remember a discussion on this topic somewhere on a Lonely Planet forum. Supposedly, if you select Argentina as your home country, you won't have any problems with the PS box and major credit cards are accepted. I haven't tried it myself though.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by krzysz
I remember a discussion on this topic somewhere on a Lonely Planet forum. Supposedly, if you select Argentina as your home country, you won't have any problems with the PS box and major credit cards are accepted. I haven't tried it myself though.
Amex is fine but you might have problems with other cards. Can sometimes depend on when you do it (try outside of Brazil business hours!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.