Allegiant air now charging fees for carryons

Old Apr 4, 12, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: aadvantage
Allegiant air now charging fees for carryons

Dont have all the fee structure yet, but local (Mich) news just announced that Allegiant air will be charging for carryon luggage starting today. Seems to be as much as $35, YIKES!
Old Apr 4, 12, 2:55 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
10 to 30, each way, effective today.

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaFeesFo...es.php#baggage
Old Apr 5, 12, 11:03 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
I don't fly Spirit so I have to experience this, but how do you even enforce a bin space fee? Are they tagging bags and then flight attendants check to be sure only tagged bags are up there? One more thing other than safety for them to worry about :/
Old Apr 5, 12, 2:18 pm

Maximum weight 25 lbs. Max dimensions (including wheels, handles, protruding pockets....) 22" X 9" X 14". An additional $35 charge if your bag is over. Not sure if the extra fee doubles to $70 if your bag is over sized and overweight.
Old Apr 7, 12, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by haiderodes View Post
I don't fly Spirit so I have to experience this, but how do you even enforce a bin space fee? Are they tagging bags and then flight attendants check to be sure only tagged bags are up there? One more thing other than safety for them to worry about :/
With Spirit, if you bought a bag, you get on first - so everyone who gets on after that can't use the overhead bins..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: