Search

New Year's in Rio....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2001, 9:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UAL Premex
New Year's in Rio....

Check out FT Community if you're interested.......
Old Nov 14, 2001, 9:46 pm

Here is the link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/001508.html
Old Nov 17, 2001, 6:04 am
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
You guys know Rio pretty well -- how do these prices look to you for Hotels for NYE? REcommendations as to best buy versus their locations?

http://www.come-to-brazil.com/reveillon.html

What looks the best deal re location over beach?

======================

[This message has been edited by Joh (edited 11-17-2001).]
Old Nov 17, 2001, 10:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UAL Premex
Joh....

Book yourselves into "Le Meridien" as soon as possible. It's right on the beach near Posto 2.

This price is very good for that hotel in comparision to some of the others. Also.....you may want to make reservations for the New Year's day brunch that the Meridien has at the same time. It's fantastic.

The Meridien is in a great location for the fireworks and the finale to the whole event "the firewall" takes place right over the hotel. Basically a wall of fireworks drops on 3 sides of the hotel all the way down to the bottom at the end of the main event.

I've stayed there once and it's a great place.

If those prices quoted are in Reais the rates are cheap....but I'm assuming they are USD...even though there is nothing on the site that I could find saying so.
Old Nov 23, 2001, 7:26 am

Location: Dallas, Texas, USA. AA Exec. Plat., Inter-Continental Six Continents Club "Executive", Hyatt Gold Passport "Diamond"
FTers,

The Marriott Rio de Janeiro is within walking distance from the Le Meridien. The views from the Le Meridien are better than the Marriott, but I've not been impressed by the service there. The Marriott is only a few months old, and the service is impeccable. It has, without a doubt, become my #1 pick of hotels when I travel to Rio for business.

In between the Le Meridien and the Marriott on Avenida Atlantica is the Copacabana Palace, another fine hotel. In this order, I prefer the Marriott, Caesar Park (in nearby Ipanema), Copacabana Palace, then the Le Meridien.

Bem-vindo ao Brasil! ;-)
Old Dec 2, 2001, 10:12 pm
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
We will be there SOMEWHERE but keep urging Glen to book and he has not done this. Look forward to seeing a few folks down there on the 30th at least. Asked that website above whether prices were $US or reales and the email bounced back! Odd as that looks to be a pretty organised outfit?
Old Dec 3, 2001, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
A very tempting prospect Carioca. However, I just returned from the Nordeste do Brasil after 23 fabulous days. Now, I must get back to work. Maybe next year???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.