Community
Wiki Posts
Search

elal 747 row 4

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by azmmza
badatz
the nose of the plane is the most desired seats. if you take a look at the BA and CX forum you will see people always trying for 1A/1K
If it were me i would try and fly up front even if it is Y
there will be less FA traffic, less noise
just my 2 cents
azmmza, when discussing 1A/1K in the BA/CX forums we are talking about F seats not Y, "small" difference...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
azmmza, when discussing 1A/1K in the BA/CX forums we are talking about F seats not Y, "small" difference...
true but the nose effect still applies to a Y seat.
you still have the curve and the feeling of looking out a window and seeing what is infront of you.
you also have less noise and less FA traffic.

again just my 2 cents
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:45 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
And when using the nose for Y they only have the two sides, no middle seats so you can get a nice game of football going in the huge aisle.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by azmmza
true but the nose effect still applies to a Y seat.
you still have the curve and the feeling of looking out a window and seeing what is infront of you.
you also have less noise and less FA traffic.
again just my 2 cents
I agree.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
And when using the nose for Y they only have the two sides, no middle seats so you can get a nice game of football going in the huge aisle.
I can actually see that happening on ELAL…
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Let me add my two cents worth ...

1. 4X-ELS is the only 744 currently in a 2 class configuration, all the rest are three class (ELA, ELB,ELC, ELD).
2. In the nose, the best rows are row 2 and 3. The rest are 32 - 33 " pitch. I dont love that area in Y either. If there are kids, then it gets really loud there. It would only sit there if row 3 was available. I would prefer sitting in Zone C (21 - 32).
3. Row 45, is actually one of my least favourite places to sit. Its next to the toilettes.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Here is my NIS 0.02 worth:

NEVER sit in the nose on ELS (or any other Y only main deck 744 on LY) on a day flight - UNLESS they give you row 2 or 3 (and even then, think long and hard). I am a seasoned traveller and can sleep anywhere. I once took a day flight on one of those all-Y 744's - what a nightmare. No peace, no quiet. Really serious noise. And I DID see two kids playing ball in the big aisle.

RE: Row 45 - there is a galley there - not toilets. 34 has the toilets.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:29 am

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by LatusElAl

RE: Row 45 - there is a galley there - not toilets. 34 has the toilets.

I meant to say galley.

You can see the a seatmap with pitch :

http://www.cafri-online.com/elal
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Conclusions and mini trip report

First of all thanks for all the responses and now the real results
1. In the front, row 2 has tremendous leg room but yuu are looking at a wall for 11 hours (not really for me)
2. Row 3 has a little extra legroom with the window having a lot more (no seat in front)
3. All the rest are regular economy
4. There are only 2 columns of seats in the nose and you can play ball there
5.They do put babies there
6. Row 45 is opposite the galley which is convenient for noshing all the time

All that being said I think that 45 Exit Row (not window under any circumstance) was the better choice. It was not too noisy and the leg room!!!!!!!!!

Just to update about the "new" EL Al now that Israir is in the picture. The general opinion is that there will not be a price war but a "service war"
El Al revamped their entire menu and service plan and I can honestly say that this was the most enjoyable flight I have ever had
Food service consisted of (for a day flight) Meat meal after takeoff with choice of chicken (very good) or beef, hot soup (2 types) cookies and sandwiches throughout the next 6 hours and then a choice of 4 different breakfast menus. All this in economy. I can just wonder what they served in business.
The FA's were young cheerful and very attentive and looks like EL AL will be getting more of my business in the near future

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.