Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comp Status on SAA for OW Elite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Red face Comp Status on SAA for OW Elite

I am a FlyerTalk newbie...have patience.

I am a OW mid-tier elite (Sapphire/PLT on AA) and I am going to be flying to SA 3-4x in the next 6 months. What is the best way to get status on SAA?
If I get comp status on UA will that get me anything on SAA? Are there any benefits of status on *A or SAA? (Lounge use, upgrades?)

Help!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorgette

I am a OW mid-tier elite (Sapphire/PLT on AA) and I am going to be flying to SA 3-4x in the next 6 months. What is the best way to get status on SAA?
If I get comp status on UA will that get me anything on SAA? Are there any benefits of status on *A or SAA? (Lounge use, upgrades?)

Help!
I inquired about a comp with SAA when I had a consulting gig there and flew them almost every two weeks. The answer that I got was that they did not comp anyone and that I would have to earn it. Being plat on DL and buying DL coded tickets on SAA flights was ok for a while, but eventually I opened an SAA account just to have the option to upgrade my tickets.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Welcome to FT, you must have been lurking for a while, to make a comment like that

Help!
As previously said, I don't think SAA comp status so easily so UA is the way to go. Once SAA becomes a fully intergrated member of *A, you will get lounge access etc on all SAA flights

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.