Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone Have First Hand Egyptair F Experience They Would Like to Share?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2004, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Hi All,

I am holding a one way F ticket on Egyptair from JFK to CAI later this month. There is a real lack of information about Egyptair's service in F on Flyertalk and elsewhere on the web. I know that it is not the best airline and that it does not enjoy the greatest reputation for in-flight service, but I was curious if anyone has any first hand experience, preferably on the JFK-CAI route, that they like to share.

Specifically, I am curious about:

1. Security. Does MS have its own security checks, or is it just TSA? If so, how onerous are they?

2. Boarding. A mad rush, or is it organized?

3. Seat Assignments. I being told MS doesn't preassign, even in F. Is this your experience? If it is, did you put in a request? Was it granted?

4. In-Flight Service. Meals okay? Typical first class multi course service? Pre arrival meal (breakfast)? FA attitude? Continuous drink service all night?

5. In-Flight Entertainment. Personal televisions? Current movies? Airshow?

6. Arrival in CAI Terminal 1. Ability to acquire visa stamps on arrival (as is the case in Terminal 2)? Ease of immigration/customs? Approximate waiting time?

Thanks, I appreciate any insight you can provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.