Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Belts available in minibuses - TLV?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2004, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: several
Seat Belts available in minibuses - TLV?

I'm looking into whether there are any companies at TLV airport that rent minibuses (with drivers) that HAVE seatbelts for each passenger. Not having much luck, so far. (It is for a small group of tourists from Canada, 4 adults 7 children, hence the want for seatbelts) I know this is usually quite difficult to find, as most buses don't even have seatbelts.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

Old Jan 14, 2004, 1:14 am

This should be posted in FT airports in the TLV board.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 3:51 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I just used a driver named Amir this week. Not a minibus - but quite a large van with 11 seats and plenty of room for luggage.

His number is +972-52-437-565
Old Jan 15, 2004, 3:15 am

How safe is renting a car and driving in Israel? I hear the driving is chaotic( I have been to Egypt, cringe)

After paying for so many taxis and no local buses, I am thinking maybe a car is worth it?

What do you think?

------------------
YAS+
Old Jan 15, 2004, 4:17 am

Driving in Israel is very similar to driving in New York city. People in Israel are always in a ruch to get somewhere so they will cut in front of you to get to be 1st in the traffic light and will seldom let you merge into traffic. Other than this, it is quite normal here.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 1:14 pm

I read somewhere that Israel has the most or nearly the most car accidents/ number of cars in the world.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
If you have ever tried driving in Italy, you have a good idea of what driving in Israel is like.

(Note: I am NOT referring to driving in Rome. That is complete insanity.)
Old Jan 17, 2004, 12:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:
If you have ever tried driving in Italy, you have a good idea of what driving in Israel is like.

(Note: I am NOT referring to driving in Rome. That is complete insanity.)
</font>
Shalom.

If you have driven in Paris and more so around L'Arc de Triomphe.

Oh wait, Mexico!! Oh my.

Thanks for the info and will play it by ear. I can see taxis getting expensive and buses in Israel are going to make me nervous. Gee, can't imagine why.

------------------
YAS+
Old Jan 17, 2004, 12:50 am

Follow up question. What kind of rates do you get for rental cars in Israel? For automatics, couldn't drive a stick to save my life and Tel Aviv is not the place to start, LOL.

I find rentals in Europe to be quite expensive while in the US, you can always find a deal. Toda rabah. Shalom

------------------
YAS+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.