Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-JNB Sept 04

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2003, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
LHR-JNB Sept 04

Is there any chance that the new business configuration currently available for FRA-JNB will be used in this route by Sept (5,17)?
A Delta agent told me to expect a 747 and that seems to be what the SAA web says, but is there way to determine what may happen by Sept?
Old Dec 25, 2003, 12:43 pm

I believe they are flying the Airbus 340 now.

------------------
YAS+
Old Dec 25, 2003, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by InterflugIL62:
I believe they are flying the Airbus 340 now.</font>
I can confirm that from recent experience.

johan

Old Dec 26, 2003, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johan rebel:
I can confirm that from recent experience.

johan

</font>
Thanks. This was obviously unclear to me from the way I read their web.
Do you mind passing on impressions of the new business section?
Old Dec 27, 2003, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Xeno:
Thanks. This was obviously unclear to me from the way I read their web.
Do you mind passing on impressions of the new business section?
</font>
Not at all, but there's a small catch : I flew both segments in Y! Economy class on the A340 can be summed up in two words ; never again. I get the impression that there is an inverse correlation between aircraft age and economy class comfort : the newer the aircraft, the harder and narrower the seats, and the less pitch. I don't care for all the fancy IFE (I bring my own, known as a book), which further reduces legroom. Aisles were narrow, overhead bins small, and individual air vents absent. Not a nice aircraft. Service was friendly, though, and catering was perhaps marginally better than what other airlines serve on flights between Europe and SA.

johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.