Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLV is closed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2003, 12:39 am
Original Poster

TLV is closed

Due to a general strike in Israel, TLV is closed since 6am this morning. All flights to and from TLV are canceled until further notice.

Shuly
Old May 28, 2003, 2:11 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shuly:
Due to a general strike in Israel, TLV is closed since 6am this morning. All flights to and from TLV are canceled until further notice.

Shuly
</font>
Disgusting and I hate strikes. Are they following the French example?

------------------
PA747-May it rest in Peace
Old May 28, 2003, 9:44 pm

Pan Am 747 maybe if you had to feed a family and u risked losing your job, you would be more sympathetic to people who are more unfortunate and need to strike to protect themselves.
Old May 29, 2003, 1:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
Pan Am 747 maybe if you had to feed a family and u risked losing your job, you would be more sympathetic to people who are more unfortunate and need to strike to protect themselves. </font>
Brettee, you just really like to pick a fight, eh?

If you were stuck thousands of miles away from home and wanted to get home, then maybe you'd feel differently...

------------------
Old May 29, 2003, 1:19 pm

&gt;&gt;Brettee[/b], you just really like to pick a fight, eh?&gt;&gt;

Not at all. I just don't agree with some of the "stories" or comments.

&gt;&gt;If you were stuck thousands of miles away from home and wanted to get home, then maybe you'd feel differently... &gt;&gt;

One should try to be "sensitive". Of course it is inconvenient to be stranded, yet I also realise some people have to feed their families.

Old May 29, 2003, 1:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
&gt;&gt;Brettee, you just really like to pick a fight, eh?&gt;&gt;

Not at all. I just don't agree with some of the "stories" or comments.

&gt;&gt;If you were stuck thousands of miles away from home and wanted to get home, then maybe you'd feel differently... &gt;&gt;

One should try to be "sensitive". Of course it is inconvenient to be stranded, yet I also realise some people have to feed their families.

[/B]</font>
Ok, I know that I should not continue this.

but... Passengers should not suffer because of a dispute between employer/employee.

Then we are missing weddings, graduations, etc. I had a nice trip planned and then a labor dispute takes place and it is wrecked, with no compensation, sorry, not fair.

Look at the ATC strike in France. It is one thing to upset flights in France, but it is also screwing up flights over France and that just isn't fair.

When someone has a bad experience from these disputes, it puts them off travel.

I talk to people who got stranded during a strike or whatever, then even years later they are reluctant to take that chance again.

I am afraid to plan a trip around Air France as they are always on strike. It is nuts.

------------------
Old Jun 1, 2003, 11:07 pm

Pan Am I have a funny feeling that you are very young. When you reach my age you will realise that ,,,"life aint fair." To these people who may soon be unemployed and need to feed their families, they want u to be inconvenienced.

Though I don't want to be inconvenienced I can understand.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 11:36 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Bretteee - I was in fact stranded in Israel during the strike, and had to fly with Royal Jordanian back to Europe as a result. No sympathy for El-Al or its employees - they kept TLV closed just so foreign carriers won't get any business from their own travelers once the strike was lifted right b4 a weekend. I won't buy another El-Al ticket ever if I can help it.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 5:47 pm

I don't care. To me EL AL is meschpoche. My mother considers it treason not to fly LY. How was Royal Jordanian by the way?
Old Jun 11, 2003, 6:59 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
RJ was nothing to write home about, but FAs were very pleasant - as were the lounge and the ground crew.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 2:35 pm

If I am correct most RJ crews are not Jordanian; many of the female attendants are European.

A few months ago some Libyans were so upset at the bad meal that they threatened to hijack the plane and were arrested.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 8:56 am

My crew and the food they served on RJ were just fine. Having said that, unless TLV is closed again due to another strike de jour, I'll pass on RJ in the future as I have no business in Jordan and there are lots of good carriers flying into TLV.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 6:29 am

My neighbours just got back from o/s. They were in TLV and had to get to FCO. Then the strike struck, they ended up driving to Amman, only for a bomb to go off in the airport just as they arrived. (Apparently a tourist packed a grenade as a souvenir - killed a security guard). Eventually they made it!

goodo
Old Jun 17, 2003, 12:15 pm

Actually it was a Japanese journalist who decided to take a grenade from Iraq as a souvenir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.