Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tunisair Schedule Change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Tunisair Schedule Change

I made a booking via "gotogate" for Tunisair.
A few days after booking, they change the flight time from 7:50pm to 12:15pm departure. This time no longer works for me and it is an over 7hr difference.
There are no other times with Tunisair, only with other airlines. I contacted "gotogate" and they say they can change for a fee but cannot issue a refund.

Is anyone familiar with Tunisair's polices? It is difficult for me to call them from the US and I assume there is a language barrier.
Typically the usually change/cancel rules don't apply of the airline makes a large schedule change.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Your problem is also that most likely Tunisair will refuse to deal with you as you booked with Gotogate and should be dealing with Gotogate only.

Sorry to inform you that Gotogate has really bad customer reputation; Gotogate are among the worst to deal with in situations like this; no customer service at all and they make you pay for everything even in situations where the airline usually will not charge you. Been there, done that. Next time book with the airline directly and skip OTAs like Gotogate etc.

I suggest that you do a charge back with your credit card issuer/your bank explaining that there has been a schedule change of 7 hours but Gotogate refuses to cancel the ticket and make a full refund; hence the services you purchased from Gotogate will not be provided. Most likely your credit card will authorise the refund and Gotogate will be debited.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I agree that the chargeback has a pretty good chance of working out favourably for the OP, but I'd like point out that when filling chargebacks, most issuers ask cardholders to detail steps they've taken to remedy the situation. With respect to this, I like to have a digital record of at least part of the back and forth to submit as a supporting exhibit. Sometimes, I also log transcripts of phone calls, so I can add specific details (including date/time info) to my claim.

Last edited by moondog; Mar 28, 2024 at 3:24 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I initially tried booking directly but Tunisair kept giving me errors with my payment so I was forced to try elsewhere. I never tried gotogate and thought I'd give them a try.
Gotogate won't even allow me to cancel as they say it is non-refundable. They can do a change for a fee but there are no other flights that day.

I actually have two other short flights booked with them.
I thought about the chargeback route and will probably pursue that after my trip if I can't get anywhere with gotogate.
As for the chargeback process, the past two times, the online form had no place for me to write in any text to indicate the reason or details. Just very basic categories. Then they never asked me for more information.
My disputes are typically for very small amounts. I imagine if I disputed a several thousand dollar transaction it might be worth the trouble for them to look into it more.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
I would be more nervous about doing the chargeback after the flight date, because you would be just a no show, the flight flew. Better to dispute now.
moondog likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You should do the charge back before your travel date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.