Wiki Posts
Search

How early can I check-in at AUH for Wizz Air

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
Getting a boarding pass at transit area at AUH for Wizz Air

I plan to take a 06:00 flight on Wizz Air Abu Dhabi and would be arriving from MCT-AUH at 00:20 the same day. Would I be able to get a boarding pass/visa check at the transit counter?

Is there anyway to get to the transit from arrival, or alternative I have to clear immigration and wait till 03:00 for the Wizz Air counter to open? (Wizz Air's website state the visa check would open 180 minutes before the first flight)

Last edited by tobiashenry; Feb 12, 2024 at 3:19 pm
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:50 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I don't know about the transit counter, but the one landside is open 24/7 and I managed to get a BP for a6AM flight at midnight even though they did not have any flights leaving before 5.
tobiashenry likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
I don't know about the transit counter, but the one landside is open 24/7 and I managed to get a BP for a6AM flight at midnight even though they did not have any flights leaving before 5.
Thanks for the answer! Were you in the old AUH or at the new terminal A. That would be great then if they open 24/7
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:35 am

That was this summer in the old terminal.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
That was this summer in the old terminal.
Hopefully it's the same at the new Terminal A! I will report when i travel next month
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
No specific experience to offer but typically LCCs like Wizz are often not represented at transit counters as they consider themselves as point to point airlines and are often not available in GDS systems. If they do sell through tickets any transit counter service might only be at a hub. No harm trying at the transit counter but might be worth assuming you need to go landside.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
No specific experience to offer but typically LCCs like Wizz are often not represented at transit counters as they consider themselves as point to point airlines and are often not available in GDS systems. If they do sell through tickets any transit counter service might only be at a hub. No harm trying at the transit counter but might be worth assuming you need to go landside.
I would assume so too. Wizz Air is usually fine in Europe where a e-boarding pass can be generated. It's just annoying that it seems like they need to have everyone checked at AUH or at out-station.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Just now in AUH and I am able to check in at 01:00. The transfer desk people ask me to clear immigration.

surprisingly the line for Wizz air is not short…. I wonder if they’re all for 0600 departure lol
Rami Tamimi, plunet and josefw like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:24 pm

Now compare this with Etihad at their home hub, who refused to check me in 5 hours before the flight and asked to hang around until T-4 a few days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.