Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Air Maroc - missed connection in CMN

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plunet
You need to deploy bailiffs to go making a nuisance of themselves, but a few more reminders and letters before action might be appropriate. You could remind RAM that it would be embarrassing if a flight got delayed or cancelled because a court bailiff seized control of a nice expensive aircraft at Heathrow.
A few years ago someone sent the bailiffs in to T2 and stopped UA's check in until they paid up. It made a nice little scene.
ADNANALI and plunet like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, UA, HH
I have already sent two reminder emails to Royal Air Maroc office in London and also called to speak to the head of agency. She seemed to be not bothered about payment and rather arrogantly said the request has been sent to finance department and they will action it. She said she does not know how long it will take, as it depends on finance department.

I am seriously considering taking further legal action, but would need some guidance on how to go about issuing warrant/sending bailiff etc. This airline has absolute zero regards for passenger rights or any ethical or moral consideration.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
In my opinion its still worth giving the airline a bit more time, annoying as it might be. A letter before action threatening to invoke county court bailiffs would be appropriate, give them a sensible timescale to respond.

But if that fails to yield results then you can instruct the court to send in the bailiffs.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...not-paid-ex321

I am no expert but in most bailiff enforcement against commercial defendants they tend to use warrants of control on goods. Whilst RAM probably has little in the way of assets at LHR, and they are probably not the ultimate owner of their aircraft, bailiffs turning up and trying to impound assets will get prompt attention of either the LHR station manager for RAM or the captain of an aircraft.
ADNANALI likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Just to wish the OP good luck in this claim.
Old May 9, 2024, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, UA, HH
Thanks Cris.
Just got the funds reimbursed today.
mercflight and plunet like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Good result, although I was secretly hoping for the pic of a RAM Jet at Heathrow with a wheel clamp and some bailiffs making a nuisance of themselves.
Swanhunter and ADNANALI like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.