Wiki Posts
Search

Egyptair MS964 (CAI-NRT)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver
Egyptair MS964 (CAI-NRT)

I'm looking to fly CAI-NRT on MS964 on 29 Mar 2025, but the flight doesn't seem to exist. This is a weekly flight departing on Saturdays, and appears to be bookable every Saturday up through 22 Mar, but that's all.

Other long-haul MS flights are already bookable for 29 Mar, but I can't find any announcement about the CAI-NRT route being terminated, nor has it been previously indicated as a seasonal flight. Anyone have info on this?
Old May 9, 2024, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

Most likely 29MAR is after the change to NS25 flight schedule and CAI-NRT flights are changed in NS25.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Most likely 29MAR is after the change to NS25 flight schedule and CAI-NRT flights are changed in NS25.
Thanks for the reply. A bit more info as of today: an MS964 departure is now bookable for Sunday 6APR, meaning the schedule looks like this...

CAI-NRT: Sat 2350, (weekly, thru 22MAR)
no flight for 29 or 30MAR - or any other day from 22MAR to 6APR
CAI-NRT: Sun 6APR 0000

So it looks like the weekly CAI-NRT is shifting 10 min for NS25 (previously departing Sat 2350, now Sun 0000). This prompted me to do some more digging...

The corresponding return flight NRT-CAI does exist for 30MAR, and the master Egyptair schedule currently reflects exactly that - MS964/965 on every weekend through 22MAR, MS965 only on the weekend of 30MAR, and then MS964/5 starting the weekend of 6APR. So at this point I'm assuming this is some kind of glitch and an outbound MS964 on 30MAR will be added eventually.

My specific suspicion is that at some point, the 29MAR 2350 departure (from the NW timetable) and the 30MAR 0000 departure (from the NS timetable which takes effect that exact day) were both in the system at the same time. This would have meant two MS964 flights were departing 10 minutes apart, so they were both cancelled and nobody has noticed yet. (disclaimer: I don't have a strong working knowledge of how these systems work, so maybe this isn't a viable explanation). I'm curious if anyone has other thoughts...

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it and update here for anyone who is interested.
plunet likes this.

Last edited by ChrisDWQ; May 9, 2024 at 9:33 pm Reason: for clarification
Old May 10, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just be thankful Japan doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time, chucking another variable into the schedule and timing for that weekend would no doubt lead to more confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.