Wiki Posts
Search

12 consecutive months definition to attain gold

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:34 am
Original Poster

12 consecutive months definition to attain gold

Hello
I cannot google the definition of 12 consecutive months. It's very strange that not a single search gives example.

So for all airline sites, we need to do x amount of tier miles in 12 consecutive months. If I start from 15th december 2018, does that mean I have to do x miles before 30november 2019 or 31 december 2019.

Specifically for oman air, to get gold, 40k miles are to be achieved in 12 consecutive months. I will do that from 15th December 2018 to 21 December 2019. Will i qualify?

I am not asking to RETAIN membership tier where almost all airlines are very clear(oman doesnot give advantage of tier achieving month though and makes the tier valid only till end of 12th month of next year). In most airline faq, if you achieve a tier, in say june, it is valid till july next year.

Thank you

Ps - Oman hotline is clueless on what it means. They just dont want to understand or say they are booking only and not sindbad. There is no sindbad hotline.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: ROP Gold, Emirates Skywards Gold
If you look at the graph showing you how "To achive gold" the arrow starts in the 'current month -11' and ends with the current month. So, my understanding is that you need achieve 40k miles before 1 December.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by filidoor
If you look at the graph showing you how "To achive gold" the arrow starts in the 'current month -11' and ends with the current month. So, my understanding is that you need achieve 40k miles before 1 December.
Quite a lot of things are not correct on their website.
The graph is also incorrect. Eg if you start earning on 30june 2018, you need to achieve the miles by 31may 2019. That's 11 months for sure. In legal terms 12 consecutive months are at least 365 days or more. The graph makes it 11 month.

Another thing that is totally whacked is their miles calculator. I wouldn't rely on their AUTO stuff.

Was looking for anybody who has experienced their policy. 99pc of airlines have month policy (ie they use month not date to calculate membership). I have silver and my mail says that I have to do xyz miles to retain silver by the END of the month in next year I had achieved. So, that's more than 365 days.
Thanks you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.