What the !???

Old Oct 10, 18, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United | Delta | MileagePlus, Marriott
Angry What the !???

I've booked a one-way domestic flight on Ethiopian Airlines (and paid a lot for it).
It's a 1 hour non-stop flight departing in the morning.
I got the confirmation and a printout for it.

I've just checked a link to print it and....
It looks like they've changed my flight without letting me know.
It's leaving 4 hours later, it has one stop and obviously arrives much later than the flight I bought.
On top of that the current price of that flight is 40% cheaper than what I've paid.

What can I do?
It won't prevent me from taking the international flight out of Ethiopia but I really don't want that flight.
Old Oct 11, 18, 4:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
If you check the city pair now, is there a better flight available? Presumably you have some recourse, if there is a more favorable flight then ask ET to change it, if ET themselves won't work with you then I'd try the credit card company used to buy the ticket. If there is no better flight available then ask for a full refund and buy the cheaper flight.

If you simply bought a ticket way out in advance and the itinerary was exactly the same but price dropped nearer to departure then that's normal, but now that you're on a flight arriving many hours after expected and itinerary changed you have some teeth.
Old Oct 11, 18, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United | Delta | MileagePlus, Marriott
Thank you!

I called ET and they changed my flight (to a better one, similar to what I had originally booked).
They told me that the flight I had booked was cancelled and they rebooked me - without even letting me know! - on a later flight.

Search this Thread