Wiki Posts
Search

Sending baggage RJ->TG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA and more
Sending baggage RJ->TG

Flying AMM-BKK and BKK-CNX (on different tickets).
Will I be able to check in my baggage all the way? (assuming I'm checked in and have a boarding pass for the TG before coming to AMM)
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Technically no, but no harm in asking.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I asked a few times and always got the same answer: if it’s on the same ticket then yes but otherwise not possible.

If you have a different experience then please share.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, obviously I will try

Side question: on those times they didn't check it in all the way, how long is it at bkk to go through customs, immigration, get the bags and then check back in on tg counters?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by lksf
Thanks for the info, obviously I will try

Side question: on those times they didn't check it in all the way, how long is it at bkk to go through customs, immigration, get the bags and then check back in on tg counters?
Fastest 30 mins and slowest 90 mins. Average 45-60 mins.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Update report

I was able to check in my baggage all the way through to CNX
Wasn't straight forward, I had to ask in a "beggingly" tone, noting my fear to miss the connection running BKK with kids. Not sure they would have gone the extra mile for me had I been alone...
However, in BKK I needed to go to THAI international-transfer-desk, they noted to make sure my bags are there and that they will go to internartional baggage claim at CNX.
I also had to go through immigration and security in BKK.
So all in all, I'm sure it saved me some time there, but not sure if a lot..
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by lksf
I was able to check in my baggage all the way through to CNX
Wasn't straight forward, I had to ask in a "beggingly" tone, noting my fear to miss the connection running BKK with kids. Not sure they would have gone the extra mile for me had I been alone...
However, in BKK I needed to go to THAI international-transfer-desk, they noted to make sure my bags are there and that they will go to internartional baggage claim at CNX.
I also had to go through immigration and security in BKK.
So all in all, I'm sure it saved me some time there, but not sure if a lot..
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Glad that it worked out at the end. As I said earlier, if the agent decides to go by the book, then he will not thru check on a separate ticket. If you ask nicely, the guy is in the mood and you are on an expensive fare or an elite member, then they may entertain your request (as you saw from your personal experience). The station also plays a big role.... let's just say that they will be more likely to help you in HKG, then they would in LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.