Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will the new Muscat Airport open?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

When will the new Muscat Airport open?

Oman Air's new hub is obviously opening with a delay. Has anyone information when the new airport can be expected?

Last edited by Donegal; Aug 21, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:28 am

They don't need a new airport, they need new ground staff. The current is mostly useless.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
....by the end of 2017
http://timesofoman.com/article/10270...ays-Al-Futaisi
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
That should take the award for the most delayed project in Oman. Didn't it actually start back in 2008?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Reds2011
That should take the award for the most delayed project in Oman. Didn't it actually start back in 2008?
I think so.
And fittingly, it took nearly 3 years for the OPs question to get answered.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
http://timesofoman.com/uploads/image...momnaa1uq.webp

LOL Oman Air a380 rendering
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Oman
Last update they said beginning of next year 2018 ..

I hope so
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Word on the street in Muscat is the new airport will open on November 18, 2017 in conjunction with Oman National day. It would make sense that they would choose National day to open the airport but... will it be ready.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Word on the street in Muscat is the new airport will open on November 18, 2017 in conjunction with Oman National day. It would make sense that they would choose National day to open the airport but... will it be ready.
I'm sure ribbons will be ready for cutting then, or on Qaboos Day, but less sure operations will start .....
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Good that somebody wants one! There are lots of secondhand A380s about to come onto the market!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:26 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Any fresh input on the likely operational start date of the new airport? Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Any fresh input on the likely operational start date of the new airport? Thanks!
Nobody with any inside knowledge?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

They are saying "sometimes in 2018". I'll be going through that CF of an airport few times this week and can't wait to stand in security lanes which are sometimes almost all the way to the bus entrance.
Can Silver Sindbad skip the lines and use Business class fast track? I'm talking about the area when you get off the bus and walk to the terminal.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:50 am
NoY

Originally Posted by bwiadca
They are saying "sometimes in 2018". I'll be going through that CF of an airport few times this week and can't wait to stand in security lanes which are sometimes almost all the way to the bus entrance.
Can Silver Sindbad skip the lines and use Business class fast track? I'm talking about the area when you get off the bus and walk to the terminal.
Am hoping for first half March 2018 as I am transiting there & the thought of another long transit in the old terminal is - yuk!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Just flew throught MCT yesterday actually, spoke to some of the lounge staff. The actual fact is nobody knows when it will open. However, a bunch of the staff have already visited the new lounge for their orientation. The spa also has been closed as the equipment has been moved to the new terminal. From inside sources, it should open around March 2018, however this is just a guideline and is subject to change. Unfortunately I think the date was late March. Of course, take it with a grain of salt, as even those in the know are unsure of the opening. The first trial flight will be later this month and they are still running the ORAT public trials. After the feedback, it will be likely that adjustments will need to be made.

On the plus side; the lounge is said to be spectacular and split over two floors. There will be nap rooms and I think 2 restaurants if I remember correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.