Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any status reports on Hotel Barcelona Apolo Affiliated by Melia? Particularly interested in quality of wifi.
Arriving by ship and this looks easily walkable from the port's entrance, yes?
Is this part of Melia chain or truly just a loose affiliation?
Any nearby restaurant recommendations (healthy, grilled fish, no pig)
Tripadvisor gives it ok review but I trust Flyertalk reviewers more.
I have no status.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fmkgb; Apr 16, 2022 at 6:04 pm
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any status reports on Hotel Barcelona Apolo Affiliated by Melia? Particularly interested in quality of wifi.
Arriving by ship and this looks easily walkable from the port's entrance, yes?
Is this part of Melia chain or truly just a loose affiliation?
Any nearby restaurant recommendations (healthy, grilled fish, no pig)
Tripadvisor gives it ok review but I trust Flyertalk reviewers more.
I have no status.
Thanks in advance.
The Hotel Appolo has been upgraded and refurbished to a new, more modern look. It is indeed very close to the port, but the area is rather poor and said, however bear in mind that large vessels dock far away so forget walking (it is at least 5km). There is a special bus running around port for a small fee. Unless you are arriving on a small ship (like Silversea) those dock at WTC. There is also a very nice business hotel within the same building. You might check also to or three which are on Paseo Colon. Hope this helps.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I am relatively new to Melia program. I became platinum a few months ago. How is it with the late check-out policy? On the website, it says depending on avaliability.
I found it rather interesting with the Level room pricing. When it get close to the date of the stay, the level room rate could more than double the basic room rate. Is it because the number of Level guests reach its capacity?
Old May 5, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Originally Posted by flyinglan
I am relatively new to Melia program. I became platinum a few months ago. How is it with the late check-out policy? On the website, it says depending on avaliability.
From my experience (although at Gold, rather than Platinum) the late-check out normally works well - at 2pm at resorts/holiday destinations and at 4pm in city hotels - unless the hotel is genuinely fully booked. For example, I've used it many times at the ME by Melia in Madrid without an issue.

BTW, don't forget that if you book at a Gran Melia, ME by Melia, or Paradisus by Melia, you can get added benefits via specific luxury travel agents (those with access Melia Pro Premium) for stays of 2nights or more - this is normally the same as the best available rate but includes daily breakfast for two, a complimentary lunch or dinner for two per room once during stay, a welcome amenity, and 20% extra MeliaRewards points
flyinglan likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by flyinglan
I found it rather interesting with the Level room pricing. When it get close to the date of the stay, the level room rate could more than double the basic room rate. Is it because the number of Level guests reach its capacity?
You should have no problem with late check out, especially city hotels, until 1600/1700 hrs, unless the hotel is fully booked. Beach & resort hotels would not allow after 1400. The best rates are always up to 7 days before arrival, then they increase each day, but it is worth checking one before or even on the same day of arrival, sometimes they drop. If you are Platinum you don't need to book a Level room as you already get The Level benefits, however the room would be upgraded to the next category from your original booking. But again, not always as on some dates, the rooms are not available. The good option is using the 20% voucher you get when you renew the status, if you stay premium for several days, that might be interesting as the discount is larger. In that case if you book the second best rate, you might be upgraded to the suite.
piblo likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Thank you for the valuable information.
I stayed at Melia Alicante over the last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised that we were greeted by the duty manager during check-in. When we asked for late check-out for 4 PM, they gave it to us without any second thoughts. Very different from Marriott Bonvoy program.

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
You should have no problem with late check out, especially city hotels, until 1600/1700 hrs, unless the hotel is fully booked. Beach & resort hotels would not allow after 1400. The best rates are always up to 7 days before arrival, then they increase each day, but it is worth checking one before or even on the same day of arrival, sometimes they drop. If you are Platinum you don't need to book a Level room as you already get The Level benefits, however the room would be upgraded to the next category from your original booking. But again, not always as on some dates, the rooms are not available. The good option is using the 20% voucher you get when you renew the status, if you stay premium for several days, that might be interesting as the discount is larger. In that case if you book the second best rate, you might be upgraded to the suite.
Thank you for the valuable information.
I did notice the rate changed quite dramatically +7, I will make sure to follow this advice when booking future stay with Melia.
I also noticed the difference between Leval room and Standard room jumped a lot as it get closer to the day of arrival, is this driven by the Level room occupancy or timing before arrival?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 30, 2022 at 5:13 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Just wondering if anyone has had problem opening the "Choose your gift" link in the birthday email?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by iansh
Just wondering if anyone has had problem opening the "Choose your gift" link in the birthday email?
You can log into your account at melia.com and go to "my profile" then choose from the options above (my points, my promotions...) you go to my promotions and from there you just klick on the 20% voucher or what you have available. You will get an email confirmation afterwards.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I'm a Melia newb (although Gold status via Amex), so sorry if this is covered earlier in the thread:

I had a non-qualifying stay (booked as a package deal via travel agent), and I don't expect to receive points for that - but I did spend some money on the restaurants and room service, which I billed to the room. Am I entitled to points for that?

There doesn't seem to be any trace of the booking anywhere on the app - whereas IHG, for instance, would still record a "non-qualifying stay, 0 pts" on the account statement.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by groenroos
I'm a Melia newb (although Gold status via Amex), so sorry if this is covered earlier in the thread:

I had a non-qualifying stay (booked as a package deal via travel agent), and I don't expect to receive points for that - but I did spend some money on the restaurants and room service, which I billed to the room. Am I entitled to points for that?

There doesn't seem to be any trace of the booking anywhere on the app - whereas IHG, for instance, would still record a "non-qualifying stay, 0 pts" on the account statement.
You can claim all the expences during your stay afterwards. You have to be logged in Melia's app or web and under "my points" you can claim those bills. However, bare in mind that many Meliá hotels have external bars and restaurants so in this case the accural is not possible. The best thing is to ask always in site and give your membersihp card upon payment.
groenroos likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
You can claim all the expences during your stay afterwards. You have to be logged in Melia's app or web and under "my points" you can claim those bills. However, bare in mind that many Meliá hotels have external bars and restaurants so in this case the accural is not possible. The best thing is to ask always in site and give your membersihp card upon payment.
Thanks - I had asked to have my Meliá number added to the booking upon checkin, but didn't insist on it again at checkout. Our extras are entirely room service and the pool bar billed to the room, so shouldn't need to worry about it being external spend.

I couldn't find any button to this effect anywhere in the app, but I did find it on the website - unfortunately, that form fails to submit my request with a generic error...
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wonder if anyone can help me. I've been clicking around like a complete idiot achieving nothing, getting angrier and angrier. I have had to create 4 new passwords, which is just nonsense. When I finally got in, I was able to check the Meliá Cala d'Or Boutique Hotel in Mallorca and found a rate that was almost as good (unbelievably) as when I was there in 2018, 27,000 points for one single night (the other nights were stupid prices). So far so good, it was the website I was used to. Then somehow I got signed out and had to create yet more passwords to get back in. That's ok, because all I want to do is sit around, achieve nothing and, especially, waste my time.

From now on I cannot access the website I am used to. Now up comes a piece of excrement that is just a waste of everything. The points rates are now 74,000-88,000, of course. And there is no way to select them, if I was to be as stupid as they obviously think I am. I can't even progress with a cash booking. So could somebody please explain to me how to use this website? Because I just want to get in there and book something, my singular goal being to use these points and dump Melia and my business with them. I presume nobody will pick up the phone, but I'm prepared to try.

EDIT - It's a total cluster, this Melia waste of breath, but I did hit a page that says the website is under maintenance.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 31, 2022 at 12:44 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:52 pm

Try it with the old web, https://www1.melia.com/es
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks, but you can't begin to imagine the hassle it is to get back into my account. Every time, I have to create a new passport. Do they really expect customers, however dumb they might be, to keep coming back to them with this?

Anyway, I will give you a data point. I figured that their IT is so unbelievably bad that I don't need to create new passwords all the time (I usually circulate about 4-6 of them). So I used one of the earlier ones during the password reset and it was accepted (it's a difficult multi letter, digit and special character password).

And it was possible to see that the Cala d'Or Boutique Melia hotel was available for as low as 28,000 points on a number of nights. That's 10,000 less than I paid before the time Melia Rewards became revenue based. So, there are deals to be had in there, if you go in and look. Cash price was €331, so it is worth using points in this case. But, although I like the Melia brand, the hassle with the IT is just not worth the time wasted on it.

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 1, 2022 at 4:11 am Reason: new info
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iansh
Not working here either... keen to select the Priority Passes but it shows up nowhere.
It does show up at the old site though, but in the new site: no promotions/offers linked to my account.

Anyone has a clue?
Or an email address to use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.