Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Odd that they claim the rate is eligible for D$ but not for elite benefit.
Can you name the hotel?
ummm...
After my stay I did get D$ and 1 night. So he didn't lie to me. 😂
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:34 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Just stayed in Park Royal SG, Kempinski SG and Pan Pacific SG - excellent service and full tier benefits given at first two, Pan Pacific declined any benefits and no accruals for my stay, even though all three were booked through the same corporate travel agent. Pan Pacific said no benefits and no accruals as not booked direct.

For the experts here is this correct please? Or should I write to GHA?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:04 am

I think this is incorrect from the hotel. OTA bookings like Expedia/ Booking.com/ Agoda are not eligible but corporate travel agent bookings should be. So you should ask GHA to credit you for your D$ for your stay. If you paid room charges etc at the time of check out (rather than those being billed separately back to your company) then you should earn D$ on what you paid - if there were no amounts paid by you on your bill then you wouldn't earn any D$.

Let us know how you get on.
Originally Posted by todderz
I want to book an Outrigger hotel. There are Discovery member rates on outrigger.com that are much cheaper than at GHA.com but no way to log in as a Discovery member or add your membership details to the reservation.
That's weird on Outrigger. I can log in fine on their website with my usual GHA membership details. Maybe they fixed that? And Discovery member rates always earn tier night credits and Discovery dollars.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 5, 2024 at 5:56 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged; quote shortened
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:20 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Anyone know what is the status of A Small World partnership with GHA Discovery?

GHA website shows A Small World have 4 hotels participating and yet if you check at A Small World Discovery website (https://asmallworlddiscovery.com/our-hotels) they have about 14 hotels listed as participating.
Hi kaizen7 Thank you for raising this question regarding the A Small World partnership with GHA DISCOVERY.

While A Small World is indeed a part of our alliance, the number of hotels listed on our respective websites may vary. At present, we have five hotels participating in the GHA DISCOVERY programme. These hotels are:

1. The Chedi Andermatt
2. Resort Hotel Alex
3. Grand Cosmopolitan Hotel
4. The Mandrake
5. Althoff St. James´s Hotel and Club (Newly Added)

It's important to note that not all hotels listed on the A Small World website are necessarily part of the GHA DISCOVERY programme.

If you have any further questions or require additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Originally Posted by jaesen
I recently stayed at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui. The experience was good, I booked a pool access villa and was given a nice +2 upgrade to a seaview pool villa.
Overall service in the resort was excellent.
My impression, based on my limited experience with the GHA program, is that the GHA hotels do try to give an upgrade when available, and this is a very big plus for me, so I will consider sticking with this program as long as I can.

However, I do agree that the D$ is difficult to spend. I usually book non-refundable rates to save money, and most GHA hotels require prepayment by credit card, and this makes it impossible to use D$ for the room rate.
I'm usually not interested in spa or dining in the resort, so options to use the D$ are limited.
GHA really needs to do something about this - to allow us to use D$ for prepaid room rates, or if that it not possible, to allow us to use D$ as refunds to credit card upon checkout.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui and your valuable feedback regarding the GHA program.

We're thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you appreciated the upgrade to a sea view pool villa. Providing exceptional service and memorable experiences for our guests is always our top priority.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the usability of DISCOVERY Dollars (D$) within the GHA DISCOVERY programme. Your suggestions regarding the ability to use D$ for prepaid room rates is duly noted. We're committed to enhancing the flexibility and usability of D$ to ensure a more rewarding experience for our members like you.

Your loyalty and feedback are invaluable to us, and we will take your suggestions into consideration as we continue to improve our programme.

Originally Posted by todderz
The GHA Discovery program offers great benefits and I've stayed at many wonderful hotels where I have received excellent service and amazing upgrades.

However, there are too many issues that are making me increasingly disinclined to use GHA.

Far too many properties offer no welcome gift or local amenity and don't offer upgrades until I point out the benefits of Titanium and the availability of better rooms. If rooms are available, give me the upgrade as per the program terms, don't make me have to protest and argue about it.

I can't make bookings at the moment because my email address in my GHA profile has somehow acquired a "55" at the beginning. I didn't put it there. I can't change it. I can still log in with my correct email address.

I want to book an Outrigger hotel. There are Discovery member rates on outrigger.com that are much cheaper than at GHA.com but no way to log in as a Discovery member or add your membership details to the reservation.

They still do not have a rate calendar.

They still do not show the full price including taxes and fees. Even in countries where this is not illegal, any honourable business should show the full price without making you click through a dummy bookign just to find it.

There are still Discovery Member rates for Outrigger hotels available on gha.com that exclude all on-property membership benefits and do not earn tier night credit or discovery dollars.

You cannot use Discovery Dollars on prepaid rates and I have seen properties where even flexible rates actually require full prepayment a day or two before the stay, so it is impossible to use discovery dollars.
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experiences with the GHA DISCOVERY programme. Your insights are crucial in helping us identify areas for improvement and ensuring that our members receive the best possible service and benefits.

We're glad to hear that you've had positive experiences with many of our partner hotels and have enjoyed excellent service and upgrades. However, we understand your frustrations with some aspects of the program and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding your concerns:

1. Welcome gifts and upgrades: We apologize for any instances where you haven't received the expected welcome amenities or upgrades. We'll work closely with our partner hotels to ensure that they adhere to the program terms and provide these benefits promptly and seamlessly. Additionally, if you could share which brand you faced this issue with, we can address it with them accordingly.

2. Email address issue: We're sorry to hear about the technical issue with your email address in your GHA profile. Kindly email our customer service team at [email protected] for them to assist you further.

3. Booking process on outrigger.com: We acknowledge the difficulty you may have encountered in accessing DISCOVERY member rates on outrigger.com. Could you kindly share a screenshot with our customer service team so we can take it up with the brand directly?

4. Rate calendar and transparency: We understand the importance of transparency in pricing and will share your feedback with the relevant team. We'll work towards implementing a rate calendar and displaying full prices, including taxes and fees, on our platforms. It's essential for us to provide clear and upfront information to our members.

5. Discovery Dollars usage: Your feedback is valuable, and we are continuing to work towards enhancing your experience for more rewarding journeys.

Once again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We're committed to addressing them promptly and enhancing the overall experience for our members.

Originally Posted by heronb
It’s been good to me for leisure trips.

D$2500 credit and titanium after a RSSC cruise, spent last month at Parkroyal and Capella as I emailed the hotels prior to arrival.

10am early check in and 6pm check out and double upgrades at both.
heronb Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with the GHA DISCOVERY programme! It's great to hear that you've had enjoyable leisure trips and have gained from the benefits of being a member. We truly value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back for more rewarding journeys in the future.

Originally Posted by Micky214
Just got a call from the hotel booked for tomorrow. And I ask if I can still get my member benefits as I booked via Qantas hotel. But the guy says no, I won't get any member benefits. Then I told him what I know from here as GHA_Insider says. But still got the same reply. But he says I will get the discovery dollars which I'm strongly doubt with that.

It's really not a good start even the trip is not started yet. It's quite disappointed as it's my first booking using GHA titanium tier to see what would it be. But no next time for me. 🤦‍♂️
Hi Micky214 Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to clarify that bookings made through third-party or OTA channels will be considered ineligible for tier progression and tier qualification. Consequently, D$ (DISCOVERY Dollars), Tier nights, and eligible brand stays will not be credited for such bookings. However, we value your membership with GHA DISCOVERY, and you will still be recognized as a member, retaining access to GHA DISCOVERY benefits such as early check-in, late check-out, in room amenities, and more. It's essential to keep in mind that all benefits are subject to availability and determined by the Partner Hotel. To make the most of these benefits, we recommend contacting the hotel before your arrival, allowing them to better assist you with your preferences.
kaizen7 likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 5, 2024 at 5:19 pm Reason: Consecutive posts merged
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:18 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Originally Posted by Bossarb
I think this is incorrect from the hotel. OTA bookings like Expedia/ Booking.com/ Agoda are not eligible but corporate travel agent bookings should be. So you should ask GHA to credit you for your D$ for your stay. If you paid room charges etc at the time of check out (rather than those being billed separately back to your company) then you should earn D$ on what you paid - if there were no amounts paid by you on your bill then you wouldn't earn any D$.

Let us know how you get on.
Thank you Bossarb much appreciated. I did indeed raise it with GHA and the hotel after my departure. The good news is that the stay has now been credited. The email from the hotel informed me that they would "review their policies" to ensure members get their benefits without any argument, with an apology, acknowledging that many clients use corporate travel agents for their bookings. Since this has now happened on more than one occasion at this hotel, I think I will use the other excellent GHA options in Singapore going forward and not return to the Pan Pacific Singapore. It is a shame as the Pacific Club at the hotel is excellent and the refurbished rooms very good, but the last thing one needs after a long journey is an argument at check in about tier benefits.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:05 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Originally Posted by heronb
Does GHA have a current promotion with Regent Seven Seas cruises? I used it last year but would be interested this year also.
Hello heronb Thank you for reaching out regarding the current promotion with Regent Seven Seas Cruises. We are pleased to inform you that the promotion with Regent Seven Seas Cruises is indeed ongoing. Members booking a Regent cruise will receive an upgrade to Titanium status and a gift of up to D$2,500.

For more information and to explore our partnership with Regent Seven Seas Cruises, please visit our website at the following link: https://www.ghadiscovery.com/regent-cruises Thank You!
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:07 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Just used the best rate guarantee for the first time at a Kempinski.

The rate was like 25% cheaper. But I got denied because "the other rate is an early booker rate".

Eh... So what? I don't get it.
​.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: Pan Pacific | GHA Discovery
Does anyone know the requirements for getting an invitation to Discovery Red Teir ...
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:14 am

Any way to really see when my GHA$ will expire?! Without checking every transaction and writing it down?

Because I have a message "x$ will expire on 16 may, why not book hotel?"

BUT today some $ expired nonetheless. Why not make a message for the $ that expires first?

Really frustrating GHA_Insider

​​​
fairhsa likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
GLO brand has left GHA?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:27 am
TJX

Booking from third party not recognized at Groove Shinjuku

Got an email from Megumi (reservation & revenue dept) that Groove Shinjuku do not provide any benefits for booking via third party. I’m a titanium member and booked one night with the hotel via Agoda as there’s no availability at their website. Wanted to combine it with the other booking via GHA app and was denied too. Guess Groove Shinjuku is not providing any benefits for third party booking.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:59 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by Compliment
Any way to really see when my GHA$ will expire?! Without checking every transaction and writing it down?

Because I have a message "x$ will expire on 16 may, why not book hotel?"

BUT today some $ expired nonetheless. Why not make a message for the $ that expires first?

Really frustrating GHA_Insider

​​​
The ultimate frustration is when you get that email, book your hotel and the f'ing things expire BEFORE YOUR STAY because you cannot use them to pay upfront. This is possibly the WORST SCHEME on the the planet.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by fairhsa
The ultimate frustration is when you get that email, book your hotel and the f'ing things expire BEFORE YOUR STAY because you cannot use them to pay upfront. This is possibly the WORST SCHEME on the the planet.
Also I now needed to book the much higher flex rate to use my points, even though I don't need it an could have saved a lot of money with the advanced rate. The Accor program let's yourself use the points against rates while booking...
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:12 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Just got this mail:
Your exceptional loyalty deserves only the best from us. That’s why we are delighted to announce that complimentary breakfast is coming for Titanium members, ensuring your mornings begin with a taste of indulgence.

Your new sumptuous benefit is now served at participating hotel brands, and we’re bringing it to more soon. Now, shall we?

But the participating hotels are limited to a few brands as per https://www.ghadiscovery.com/complim...tanium-members
  • Complimentary breakfast (“Benefit”) is a benefit of the GHA DISCOVERY loyalty programme, available from 5 April 2024 at the hotels of the following brands: Lore Group, Lungarno Collection, Marco Polo Hotels, Maqo Hotels, Mysk Hotels, Niccolo Hotels, Nikki Beach Hotels & Resorts, Shaza Hotels, and Grand Hotel Heiligendamm and from 1 May 2024 at the hotels of The Set Collection (“Participating Brands”). GHA reserves the right to amend the list of Participating Brands at any given time, without prior notice.
kaizen7 and macmedic like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by sven60035
That’s why we are delighted to announce that complimentary breakfast is coming for Titanium members,
If I am not mistaken, that's now 30 hotels with free breakfast out of 750+ GHA hotels. It's a start, but it remains very weak and I need to see far more to sway me considering that every other hotel chain gives free breakfast except Accor where it's 2/7 days of the week.

I would encourage GHA to improve the elite benefits further and include most if not all brands for free breakfast, and put suite upgrades in scope rather than only +2 upgrade. In exchange, raise the requirements for Titanium tier. Then you'll get more of my business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.