Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
GHA have still not come out with any extensions which isn't surprising as they never been great with communication but still its worrying that haven't announced anything like every other programme!!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Judging that its only need 10 and 30 nights to reach platinum and black, I would guess they will wait until 3rd quarter of 2020 before announcing anything.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: BA gold
HAS STATUS BEEN EXTENDED? Card exp. Feb 2022

I've been a platinum member since 20th January 2020, I've completed a 6-night stay at a Kempinski property in March 2020 and I was thinking to book the same hotel for February 2021. As I'm not going to stay at a GHA property anytime soon, I thought my platinum status would have expired for my future Feb 2021. I now logged in to check and found out that my platinum card has a Feb 2022 expiry date.
Does this mean status has been extended? If there's been a 1 year extension due to Coronavirus would be great news!
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Mine still show Feb 2021 with local experiences expired on the original dates
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:59 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Looks like my Black status has been extended until Feb 2021 (even though I didn't re-qualify in 2019). Experiences still have their original expiration dates (18 months from when they were earned, I believe).
Old Apr 11, 2020, 11:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
same for me got it till feb 2021. was just a couple nights short. will have to do the requalification this year if i can, that is not stuck at home till i die... Heck even EasyJet or whatever that is that passes for European Business sounds good to me right now....
Old Apr 12, 2020, 12:34 pm

My card from website shows expiration date of Feb 2022
! year extension.
Interestingly no announcement was made.

As for local experiences, no change.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Same here!

My black tier (19 nights this year) has been extended to 2/22.
Old May 3, 2020, 7:04 am

I did receive emails from Discovery that said the tier will be extended.
Old May 8, 2020, 7:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Do we get a new "experience" every time we stay at a brand for the first time in the calendar year, or for the first time ever? In other words, theoretically if I stayed at all brands in 2020, is there anything to earn next year?
Old May 10, 2020, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Do we get a new "experience" every time we stay at a brand for the first time in the calendar year, or for the first time ever? In other words, theoretically if I stayed at all brands in 2020, is there anything to earn next year?
Hi there! You earn a new experience every time you book your stay with a new DISCOVERY brand for the first time ever.

Originally Posted by kaizen7
My card from website shows expiration date of Feb 2022
! year extension.
Interestingly no announcement was made.

As for local experiences, no change.
Hi there, when do your Local Experiences expire? If they expire before end of this year, you can send your membership details to [email protected]. A representative from our Membership Services team will assist with extending your Local Experiences.

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
GHA have still not come out with any extensions which isn't surprising as they never been great with communication but still its worrying that haven't announced anything like every other programme!!
Hi AbuCordoba, we have extended the membership until end of this year for all our members. Has your membership been extended? If not, please reach out to [email protected]

Originally Posted by jpdx
I didn't requalify for Black last year, but my account still shows me as Black. Membership card says status expires Feb 2020. Is this just a computer glitch, was I given an extension (I almost made it), is there a general extension due to the Coronavirus? No communication received whatsoever. Anyone have an idea?
Hi jpdx, we have offered a programme-wide extension to all our members in view of the current Covid-19 situation.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 11, 2020 at 8:45 am Reason: consecutive posts merged to avoid posting limits for new accounts
Old May 10, 2020, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by DISCOVERY Loyalty
Hi there! You earn a new experience every time you book your stay with a new DISCOVERY brand for the first time ever.
Welcome to FT! I am glad you joined us here because we missed Discovery Lady!
Old May 10, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: SK Gold
Has Discovery's policy changed? The new experience counter used to reset every calendar year. What you describe here is also not in concurrence with DiscoveryLady's post here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30779229-post59.html
Old May 10, 2020, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
Has Discovery's policy changed? The new experience counter used to reset every calendar year. What you describe here is also not in concurrence with DiscoveryLady's post here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30779229-post59.html
I hope this is correct. Otherwise it seems once you have been a heavy user of GHA in the recent past, the benefits going forward become far more modest.

Does someone on FT have experience about receiving a new experience for the same brand, for example in 2019 and then again in 2020?
Old May 22, 2020, 2:03 pm

Hi there, when do your Local Experiences expire? If they expire before end of this year, you can send your membership details to [email protected]. A representative from our Membership Services team will assist with extending your Local Experiences.

Thanks for the information.
I did have 1 local experience awards that supposedly expired on Jun 2020, (the rest is expired on Jan and Feb 2021)
Currently the one expired on Jun have been extended to Dec 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.