Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Kimpton- Carlyle DC (Opening May 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:40 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

http://www.carlylehoteldc.com

Wow, this is a bit of a surprise-- there is a new (and newly renovated) DC property opening next month close to Dupont Circle.

Apparently this property used to be a JDV property and was a mostly studio-suites with kitchenette property. The room count has increased with the renovation, so presumably some of the kitchenettes were taken out, though the Kimpton announcement does reference that some rooms still have them.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Neat -- another local place to try.

There is a page of deals too

LINK

This deal looked interesting but I didn't see a single day with this rate going forward for the next 6 months -- Karma tell us what is going on

Loyalty Rewarded

Kimpton Karma Rewards Members book and recieve:

2X Karma Rewards
Upgrade to next available room type upon check-in
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:31 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Apparently there are actually two properties that are part of this transaction. The other, The Savoy, was also formerly a JDV property and will be joining Kimpton next year following a renovation.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...ls-to-its.html

It's interesting because, following the reflag of the Shorebreak in Huntington Beach, these are the second and third properties to switch from JDV in just a few months.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Neat -- another local place to try.

There is a page of deals too

LINK

This deal looked interesting but I didn't see a single day with this rate going forward for the next 6 months -- Karma tell us what is going on
Lots of dates now.
Oh, Great Karma Goddess; what does double Karma mean to us lesser types? Double stay credit, etc.? Tell us Oh multi armed, multi eyed one!
Old May 31, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Anyone stayed here yet? Do you get full IC benefits?

I have a stay booked for next weekend and noticed that it doesn't even show up on "My Reservations" on the web site...
Old May 31, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by bworrell
Anyone stayed here yet? Do you get full IC benefits?

I have a stay booked for next weekend and noticed that it doesn't even show up on "My Reservations" on the web site...
I stayed a few days after opening (a month ago). They were in the process of building out the restaurant and did not have minibars in the rooms yet.

Rooms are fine although much more chain/standard than most Kimptons.

Since there was no minibar and no actual bar, they were handing out amenities from the front desk. I actually sort of botched it and didn't get one, but it looked like most were just fruit plates and possibly wine.

It was way cheaper than other Kimpton options in the city and very close to where I needed to be. I recently moved out of DC so have not had a chance to stay at many of the properties. I can say that the Carlyle has either very few or zero upgrade opportunities.

It's certainly not the best Kimpton option in DC, and I'd avoid it unless the price difference is enormous. But, in my case, the price difference was enormous, and it worked out fine for my needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.