Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Kimpton IC Complimentary Night at New Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note - All discussions about Kimpton Hotels and the Karma Rewards program have been moved to the IHG Rewards Club Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/]

FlyinHawaiian
Volunteer Moderator
Print Wikipost

Kimpton IC Complimentary Night at New Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:17 am

Just called trying to book free nights in DC at Glover Park and Mason & Rook. They said even though they're still on the website, there's no availability:-( Any guesses as to how many room nights a property might set aside for IC New Property redemption?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by peetahvw
Just called trying to book free nights in DC at Glover Park and Mason & Rook. They said even though they're still on the website, there's no availability:-( Any guesses as to how many room nights a property might set aside for IC New Property redemption?
I don't think they were giving you the full story. The D.C. hotels are now off the website. I managed to snag both reservations right when they were initially posted. After booking, I was not allowed to change my reservation (only could cancel) because the system showed them as blacked out all the way through end of April. Clearly this was not true. And now they are not offered anymore.

My guess is that these D.C. hotels were possibly not supposed to have been put on offer (these hotels had been open for a while already). Someone may have messed up. If you got them then consider yourself lucky.

I am also confused about why the restaurant was not included with these offers. For the Mason & Rook in particular, the hotel manager said that the restaurant was indeed part of the hotel group and gave me a drink coupon to use there. Usually the restaurant $50 credit is included in IC stays, unless the restaurant is completely separate.

I think Kimpton needs to explain these inconsistencies (frankly, skimping on benefits big time). I am not sure that I want to try for IC next year again, especially with the threat of IHG program looming overhead.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lht8801
I don't think they were giving you the full story. The D.C. hotels are now off the website. I managed to snag both reservations right when they were initially posted. After booking, I was not allowed to change my reservation (only could cancel) because the system showed them as blacked out all the way through end of April. Clearly this was not true. And now they are not offered anymore.

My guess is that these D.C. hotels were possibly not supposed to have been put on offer (these hotels had been open for a while already). Someone may have messed up. If you got them then consider yourself lucky.

I am also confused about why the restaurant was not included with these offers. For the Mason & Rook in particular, the hotel manager said that the restaurant was indeed part of the hotel group and gave me a drink coupon to use there. Usually the restaurant $50 credit is included in IC stays, unless the restaurant is completely separate.

I think Kimpton needs to explain these inconsistencies (frankly, skimping on benefits big time). I am not sure that I want to try for IC next year again, especially with the threat of IHG program looming overhead.
Agree entirely, lht8801. I just requalified for IC (largely due to the generous double stay credit promotions offered at times this year), but this is starting to be a little frustrating. Particularly, because in the kimpton newsletter sent this morning (12/3), it included the text "This benefit is now available at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, Kimpton Journeyman, Kimpton Gray Hotel, Kimpton Glover Park Hotel & Kimpton Mason + Rook." Of course, clicking the link brings you to the page with no mention of the DC hotels.

Tangentially, does anyone else remember the email sent to all members around this time last year? It included the following:
Here’s what you can expect in 2016:

Kimpton Karma Rewards will continue to serve as the loyalty program for Kimpton
You’ll receive quarterly updates with details on how things are progressing as it relates to bringing the best of Karma Rewards & IHG Rewards Club together.
Some additional information as to what will be the future of the program would be nice. I happened to be able to hit the 14 stay number this year and have had some great experiences at Kimpton properties, but I'm doubtful I qualify for IC again in 2017.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by lht8801

GOOD NEWS! The DC hotels are available once again (as of Dec 14) for IC free night redemption. Was able to book this morning nights at both properties for early 2017. (Especially nice as the Alexandria Kimptons get deflagged)
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:49 pm

Well, that explains why this last batch didn't include the $50 restaurant credit...its no longer a perk. In the 2016 "Update" email sent to members:

Due to limited usage, we're retiring the Inner Circle $50 restaurant credit at new restaurants.

Hmmm, limited usage eh? Is this IHG marketing spin, why not call a spade a spade and say they don't want to offer it up anymore.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
If the usage is limited, then it doesn't cost them much to offer it, does it?

What did they replace it with for IC which would be more used?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
If the usage is limited, then it doesn't cost them much to offer it, does it?

What did they replace it with for IC which would be more used?
Bingo. It's a $50 credit tied to a specific type of reservation, so the cost to actually implement this is next to nothing (they already have various packages and rate plans). If it isn't be used much, then it isn't costing them much.

Many of the kimpton affiliated restaurants are quite good, and in all of my IC free night stays where I've redeemed the credit, I've often spent closer to $100+ on the meal & drinks.

If it's just being cut and Kimpton/IHG doesn't want to reveal the true reason, fine. But giving a nonsense explanation to your loyalty program guests just seems dumb, and honestly, not what most have come to expect from Kimpton.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, Hilton gold, Marriott/Starwood platinum
Yep, had the same thought. I always use the $50 when I can, it's just been hard to book the free nights. I notice the free nights are still on the website for the DC hotels - has anyone been able to book? I am wondering if they added more availability. I tried a while ago.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Last week, I was able to book Glover Park and Mason and Rook for back to back weekend dates the weekend after New Year's. Availability for weekends was very limited. When I called, I think there was only one other weekend left (dates in February when we could not go). If you are relatively local, there were Saturday night stays in April available as of last week. I wanted to put together a 1 night stay at each, which was a challenge.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, Hilton gold, Marriott/Starwood platinum
I called today and did the same thing - back to back Fri-Sat night at the end of Feb. Success!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Governator
I love Kimpton IC! Just booked three free nights at Seafire GC (IC night plus two award nights)
It took a little patience and periodic checking since November, but I was able to find availability for two award nights to pair with my free IC night at the end of March. One interesting thing was that each award booked into a different room type:

Studio Queen Queen (Free Night)
Junior Suite King (Free Night)
North Sound Studio (IC Free Night)

I was checking availability earlier this week for DC and got my favorite IC agent who I asked if there was a way to standardize our rooms for our stay and he surprised me by conferencing in a manager at the resort who upgraded me on the spot to an Ocean Front Junior Spa Suite. Given the astronomical room rates for the nights we will be there, this is an amazingly good karma. Thanks, Kimpton! ^
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:34 pm

Was it George? He seems to go above and beyond every single time I call.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
It was! He's amazing!!!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Originally Posted by Governator
I love Kimpton IC! Just booked three free nights at Seafire GC (IC night plus two award nights)
It took a little patience and periodic checking since November, but I was able to find availability for two award nights to pair with my free IC night at the end of March. One interesting thing was that each award booked into a different room type:

Studio Queen Queen (Free Night)
Junior Suite King (Free Night)
North Sound Studio (IC Free Night)

I was checking availability earlier this week for DC and got my favorite IC agent who I asked if there was a way to standardize our rooms for our stay and he surprised me by conferencing in a manager at the resort who upgraded me on the spot to an Ocean Front Junior Spa Suite. Given the astronomical room rates for the nights we will be there, this is an amazingly good karma. Thanks, Kimpton! ^
So to close the loop on my visit to Seafire, I was also given the Ocean Front Junior Spa Suite for three nights. Great room, no complaints but it is a suite in name only. It faces the ocean, looking out over the pool/courtyard area from the back of the hotel. It has a seating area and a very nice balcony with a sofa, chair and table, but it is not a "suite" with separate living/sleeping rooms. Single TV, oriented towards the bed. It had a wet bar area with a very cool dual drawer refrigerator, one filled with minibar items, one open for guests. The bath was very nice, private commode, dual vanity and free standing tub with adjacent open shower. We had a great visit, the entire property is very well laid out, excellent design, high quality construction and feel, great staff. And the weather was perfect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.