FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kimpton IC Complimentary Night at New Hotels
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:03 pm
Governator

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Originally Posted by Governator
I love Kimpton IC! Just booked three free nights at Seafire GC (IC night plus two award nights)
It took a little patience and periodic checking since November, but I was able to find availability for two award nights to pair with my free IC night at the end of March. One interesting thing was that each award booked into a different room type:

Studio Queen Queen (Free Night)
Junior Suite King (Free Night)
North Sound Studio (IC Free Night)

I was checking availability earlier this week for DC and got my favorite IC agent who I asked if there was a way to standardize our rooms for our stay and he surprised me by conferencing in a manager at the resort who upgraded me on the spot to an Ocean Front Junior Spa Suite. Given the astronomical room rates for the nights we will be there, this is an amazingly good karma. Thanks, Kimpton! ^
So to close the loop on my visit to Seafire, I was also given the Ocean Front Junior Spa Suite for three nights. Great room, no complaints but it is a suite in name only. It faces the ocean, looking out over the pool/courtyard area from the back of the hotel. It has a seating area and a very nice balcony with a sofa, chair and table, but it is not a "suite" with separate living/sleeping rooms. Single TV, oriented towards the bed. It had a wet bar area with a very cool dual drawer refrigerator, one filled with minibar items, one open for guests. The bath was very nice, private commode, dual vanity and free standing tub with adjacent open shower. We had a great visit, the entire property is very well laid out, excellent design, high quality construction and feel, great staff. And the weather was perfect!