Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Kimpton Inner Circle Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Initial reports are that Kimpton is no longer offering Inner Circle Status matches in 2016.
Print Wikipost

Kimpton Inner Circle Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by dw
As a data point, I've been thinking of moving a chunk of stays over to Kimpton for this year, but unfortunately was denied an IC match from Hilton Gold. The reply to my email said they are now only matching Hilton Diamonds, so this may be a change from the past.
I got the same answer as a Marriott Gold. Email said they'd only match to Hilton Diamond and Marriott Platinum. Oh well, didn't stop me from booking Kimpton for two stays I have coming up.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MJonTravel
I got the same answer as a Marriott Gold. Email said they'd only match to Hilton Diamond and Marriott Platinum. Oh well, didn't stop me from booking Kimpton for two stays I have coming up.
Considering how freely Hilton has been giving Gold status away (the Citi Reserve credit card, fast tracks, etc.), I wasn't entirely surprised that Kimpton isn't matching that. However, given how many nights it takes to reach Marriott Gold, that's somewhat surprising to hear, although I understand the ranks have been inflated as well as of late due to the partnership with United.

However, I'm still going to move some stays over to Kimpton where the properties are just more desirable at similar price points.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
I matched from Marriott Gold (which I got from the partnership with United) about a year and a half ago. I happened to then get two new clients where Kimpton properties are the best/most convenient nearby hotels, so I re-qualified last year. I'm glad I benefited from the Marriott Gold deal before it went away...
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I was surprised about not matching to MR Gold too. And I've got the nights to justify it. Oh well. I'm staying at a Kimpton tomorrow night anyway. One more stay booked, and more to follow after that.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Got IC status match as IHG plat. Excited to book a couple stays soon!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:34 pm

tried my luck with Hyatt Platinum this morning.
no luck. they said Hyatt Diamond only.

not super surprising, but I had heard of other flyertalk members getting a match for platinum. it was worth a try
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
I am inner circle and never used it- they matched marriotnplatinum

What is the big perk for inner circle these days?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
I sent a request to be matched to Tier 3 as a Hilton Gold. Wonder if that will work.

Last edited by Earendel; Jul 31, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Earendel
I sent a request to be matched to Tier 3 as a Hilton Gold. Wonder if that will work.
Wow - impressed with the speediness of their reply - 14 minutes. But they still said NO - however it was a very polite no:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are so pleased that you are interested in becoming part of Kimpton Karma Inner Circle family.

Reciprocity is offered to elite membership levels, which, in this case is Hilton Diamond. Hilton Gold is not included on our list of levels to match. We do not match to Tier 3. only to our Inner Circle level.

However, if your membership changes, be sure to let us know as we would love for you to be part of our VIP level. Our staff love to spoil our guest and do an excellent job at it, therefore, we really hope you are able to come and stay with us and get to know how great we are.

Kind Regards
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:32 pm

I got a Kimpton Karma IC status match in January with proof of my years of SPG platinum. I'm liking their program. Free stays every 7 nights, I almost always get an upgraded room, and the welcome gifts are always nice. My only issue with them is the lack of late checkouts. I've stayed at about 12 different Kimpton Hotels and have around 17 stays this year (it would be more, but they aren't in a lot of cities) and I haven't been able to get a late checkout past 1pm. AND I'm basically begging to get that.

I always get "we're sold out" which I know isn't true. What's the chances of me staying at that many of their hotels and get the same story? Their late checkout is a myth but says it's one of their perks as IC. Today I checked out of their Madera Hotel and I was told they were sold out so I couldn't get a late check out, but talking to a hotel worker on the elevator after breakfast told us that the hotel is at like 50% and has been slow all week.

Has anyone else experienced this with their hotels? I hope others have had better luck. Late checkouts are pretty important to me, especially when my work schedule is crazy and I need to sleep later or come back to my room and change or shower.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Hmm, I don't ask for late checkouts all that often, but just recently asked for 1:45 at the Portland Monaco and 1:30 at the Portland Vintage and was given both. I'm sure it varies by hotel / day of the week / etc.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know if they match Club Carlson Gold?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:37 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by LH4116
Does anybody know if they match Club Carlson Gold?
I don't believe so. Sometime during the last year or so they switched to only matching top tier from other programs.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:01 pm

Thumbs down No more Kimpton Status Matches?

I was told today by a Kimpton Karma Rep that there will be no more Status Matches to Inner Circle for 2016. I wrote about it in my blog, Will Run For Miles, if you want to read more there. (flyertalk moderators don't like bloggers posting links to their own posts in the text of a message such as this).

Kathy
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:53 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

I e-mailed Kimpton on 31 December 2015 requesting a status match to Inner Circle (from Hyatt Diamond) and just received the following reply:

We do apologize, however, the courtesy status match program is no longer being offered and we are unable to set that up for you.

We would still love to see you and hope that you will come and see just how great we treat our guests at Kimpton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.