FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Hotel Chains (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains-431/)
-   -   Kimpton Inner Circle Status Match (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1201478-kimpton-inner-circle-status-match.html)

fpc552 Apr 3, 2011 9:35 am

Kimpton Inner Circle Status Match

I currently hold Kimpton Inner Circle status. Has anyone been able to use this to attain a status match with other chains?

Nanook37 Apr 5, 2011 10:16 am

I used SPG Platinum to get Inner Circle but I don't if they will go the other way - my guess is none of the majors will as Kimpton is a pretty small player in the market - but you can always send in the documentation of how many stays you did with Kimpton and maybe you will get lucky...

HighInTheSky777 May 5, 2011 5:21 pm

I had luck getting Hilton honors.

al613 Mar 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Anyone knows what are new hotels for 2014?

directcj Mar 19, 2013 9:42 am

I used my Marriot Platinum status to match. Email or PM Maggie Lang, the Kimpton rep on the board here.

bbcbbc2012 Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Does anybody know whether the matched IC status can be extended to early 2015 if I send in the request for status match, say middle of June or early July or even later this year? Thx in advance.

Sarfa33 Apr 1, 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook37 (Post 16164466)
I used SPG Platinum to get Inner Circle

Whom did you contact and what did you need to submit for that? I'm Priority Club Platinum but looking for other opportunities...

Thanks! :)

-S

GDaoV Apr 2, 2013 3:17 pm

BUMP! Who would we contact??

Bound for 70 Park Avenue Kimpton in June for a week and would like to status match either my HH or MR elite statuses.

henryf Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

When does Inner Circle Status expire?

I was Inner Circle last year.

Apparently there was some miscommunication about losing Inner Circle status last November.

On November 30, I received a form letter from Maggie Lang informing me that my Inner Circle status was safe and inviting me to "Enjoy my Inner Circle Status" for the coming year. I assumed this to mean that I was automatically renewed for another year.

I was receiving Inner Circle e-mail as recently as last month and I never received an e-mail warning me of imminent status expiration.

Yesterday, I reserved a room at the Alexis in Seattle and there was no sign of my Inner Circle status.

Has my status expired? Is a call to Kimpton in order? Is Ms. Lang still working at Kimpton..I thought that I saw a post announcing that she had moved on?

Thanks

robertwcook16 Apr 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by henryf (Post 20571177)
When does Inner Circle Status expire?

I was Inner Circle last year.

Apparently there was some miscommunication about losing Inner Circle status last November.

On November 30, I received a form letter from Maggie Lang informing me that my Inner Circle status was safe and inviting me to "Enjoy my Inner Circle Status" for the coming year. I assumed this to mean that I was automatically renewed for another year.

I was receiving Inner Circle e-mail as recently as last month and I never received an e-mail warning me of imminent status expiration.

Yesterday, I reserved a room at the Alexis in Seattle and there was no sign of my Inner Circle status.

Has my status expired? Is a call to Kimpton in order? Is Ms. Lang still working at Kimpton..I thought that I saw a post announcing that she had moved on?

Thanks

I just recently came across this same thing. I stayed at the Monaco Philadelphia in February as Inner Circle. I just recently booked the Burnham in Chicago for July and my Inner Circle has seemed to have disappeared. I received the same email about my Inner Circle not expiring. I think I may have to contact them about it.
Thanks for reminding me about that email...

henryf Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by robertwcook16 (Post 20571219)
I just recently came across this same thing. I stayed at the Monaco Philadelphia in February as Inner Circle. I just recently booked the Burnham in Chicago for July and my Inner Circle has seemed to have disappeared. I received the same email about my Inner Circle not expiring. I think I may have to contact them about it.
Thanks for reminding me about that email...

Glad to see that I am not alone

Let us know what you find out.

robertwcook16 Apr 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Just spoke with a rep at Kimpton. She is going to speak with a supervisor about the letter that was sent by Maggie Lang and get back to me about the loss of my Inner Circle status. I will let you know what I find out...

henryf Apr 13, 2013 8:24 am

Did you ever receive a reply from Kimpton?

Who did you speak with?

What did she say?

I will probably need to give them a call next week.

You are welcome to PM me if there is info that Kimpton is hesitant to distribute on the board.

Thanks

Henry

robertwcook16 Apr 13, 2013 8:55 am

I called and have not heard back. I will call again today or Monday

robertwcook16 Apr 13, 2013 9:49 am

I just called again and i was reinstated for another year - so i would definitely call