Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSA OK Plus: No more route bonuses?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
CSA OK Plus: No more route bonuses?

For several years, Czech airlines has had bonuses for special routes that they fly. However, starting this July I can't see them anymore. I think it is a great shame as they for me are a good incentive on which routes to choose, as you sometimes could earn 1500 (or was it 2000?) extra per segment in economy class. Does anybody know if they have been removed permanently or have any other input on this?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Yes, it is very strange change from them indeed. I also expected some new bonuses and even gave them a phonecall, but they said no bonuses currently and don't know if will be... =((( I guess the change in management in April or something(?) perhaps also changed their policies a bit.. now for example there is also no preferred meal selection in lowest fareclasses.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:55 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
These route bonuses were used to either promote new routes, or to increase load on half-empty routes... So, the cause may be very simple - no new routes recently, and sufficient loads.
Besides, it's summer, and CSA is probably doing a lot of charter flights, so they do not have unused capacity to deal with.

Doesn't this sound reasonable enough excuse for not offering extra mileage bonus?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Though we saw the bonuses on new routes, they were mostly on already existing routes (probably with low loads). Surely there must be some routes with low loads during these months as well?

Just hope the bonuses came back, they are great! I need another MR before new years to requalify and they would be helpful...
Old Aug 1, 2007, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Though we saw the bonuses on new routes, they were mostly on already existing routes (probably with low loads). Surely there must be some routes with low loads during these months as well?

Just hope the bonuses came back, they are great! I need another MR before new years to requalify and they would be helpful...
You do OK+ on miles? I did it on segments back when I was flying OK. Probably the easiest SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus

Fingers crossed for the extra bonuses!
Old Aug 2, 2007, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
You do OK+ on miles? I did it on segments back when I was flying OK. Probably the easiest SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus

Fingers crossed for the extra bonuses!
Nope, it is on segments. So in reality it is a segment run I need!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:35 am

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
On whiskey_sk's comment: I do not think there a big gap in difficulty in attaining Elite (15 segments) or Elite Plus (30 segments) between programs in SkyTeam. It is the same with KLM/Air France. There is no Platinum level in CSA though; I also would not know what it should contain as most airlines' platinum level has already been rolled into the OK Plus gold level.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kvet01
On whiskey_sk's comment: I do not think there a big gap in difficulty in attaining Elite (15 segments) or Elite Plus (30 segments) between programs in SkyTeam. It is the same with KLM/Air France. There is no Platinum level in CSA though; I also would not know what it should contain as most airlines' platinum level has already been rolled into the OK Plus gold level.
That's why I said "probably"
Never had any other status with SkyTeam than OK+Silver/Gold.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:36 am
Original Poster

It is back ... somewhat

Noticed today that there are two route bonuses again, to LON and NYC. But they are very unspecified and don't separate between C & Y. A bit strange:

http://www.ok-plus.com/en/okplus/okp...alnibonusy.htm
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Noticed today that there are two route bonuses again, to LON and NYC. But they are very unspecified and don't separate between C & Y. A bit strange:
Agree, this looks odd. If the 2000 mile bonus is also for economy, this is quite generous compared with historical offers.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:42 am

Just flew this route in economy and got the 2000 mile bonus

Also, did OLCI and got Upgrades at SOF and PRG )

Very nice experience and travelled in a new Airbus 320, which was much nicer than the older 737's CSA usually fly me in!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Still no bonuses since christmas... Does anyone know anything?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:17 pm

Still no bonuses since christmas... Does anyone know anything?
Maybe they think that everyone will be so motivated to achieve the new Platinum Status that bonuses are no longer required
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: Miles and More
There are bonuses to CSA new destinations:
Almaty 2000
Damascus 2000
Heraklion 1000
Rostov-on-Don 1000
Strasbourg 1000
Tbilisi 2000
(based on one-way in economy, double for business and RT)

I have also just noticed some strange info in my last account statement:
Save your miles with bonus tickets!

"Take advantage of our offer and ask for discounted bonus tickets with Czech Airlines. Now you can fly for only 70% of regular miles required for award flight.

Validity: 5th February - 31st March 2008

Terms and conditions:
Reservation and issue of ticket from 5th February till 31st March 2008
Flights from 5th February till 31st March 2008
Valid for OK coded flights operated by Czech Airlines
Round trip or one-way ticket allowed
Tickets already issued cannot be refunded
All other OK Plus Programme General Rules apply "

I could not find any additional info OK Plus website, so if anybody has any additonal info, it would be great!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Bah

I was curious if they are going to publish any new promos soon and sent them a quick email:

Dear OK Plus,

I have always been fond of your promo bonuses. Now I notice that the available ones (http://www.csa.cz/en/ok_plus/okp_inf...al_bonuses.htm) expired on 30/6. Will you publish new promo bonuses for the autumn soon?

With kind regards and thank you for an excellent programme,

This is the response they sent me:

Dear Mr Gnopps,

thank you for your email.

All promo bonuses you will find on www.okplus.cz or www.csa.cz

Thank you for understanding

Best regards and wish you a nice day

Is it just me or could htey have tried just a little harder in answering?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.