Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland Air FF Alliances?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by another_shot
Be aware that Icelanair operated some 757-200 (without winglets) which have an old style (or let's say US domestic F class) seats) with no IFE or AVOD.
I think all FI 757s are configured this way. Nothing such as a real recliner seat on FI planes.

Also I've noticed that Eco Extra seats are very narrow there.
All they have are an extra inch of pitch and when used as Econ Extra, the middle seat is left empty and the middle seat back turned down into a tray table.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I think all FI 757s are configured this way. Nothing such as a real recliner seat on FI planes.

All they have are an extra inch of pitch and when used as Econ Extra, the middle seat is left empty and the middle seat back turned down into a tray table.
757-300 with winglets are equipped with AVOD in C (at least those I've been on), and the seats are much better than those on 757-200 I've mentioned earlier. Also that 757-200 Eco Extra seats didn't looked like convertable.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:50 am

Good deal to Iceland... $499 with hotel

http://www.icelandair.ca/offers-and-...ge/item441052/

Includes

* Round-trip air transportation in Economy Class from Toronto, Halifax, and Seattle
* Complimentary soft drinks and in-flight entertainment system during flight. Meals, headsets and blankets available for purchase
* Two nights at either Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir or Hilton Reykjavik Nordica in a standard room
* Scandinavian buffet breakfast daily except arrival day
* Fuel surcharge and booking fee
Old Jul 25, 2010, 2:29 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, LH M&M, BA Executive, FI Saga Club
Originally Posted by slaman
http://www.icelandair.ca/offers-and-...ge/item441052/

Includes

* Round-trip air transportation in Economy Class from Toronto, Halifax, and Seattle
* Complimentary soft drinks and in-flight entertainment system during flight. Meals, headsets and blankets available for purchase
* Two nights at either Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir or Hilton Reykjavik Nordica in a standard room
* Scandinavian buffet breakfast daily except arrival day
* Fuel surcharge and booking fee
This is a good deal but I'd advise you to check for BOS flights. By choosing BOS instead of YYZ, I have saved ca 8-900$ on the "Iceland Complete" package so I could imagine the same being priced 100, 150$ less in the US.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Icelandair is an airline partner of Alaska Airlines so you can redeem your AK miles for a flight through Icelandair. It has to be roundtrip and those partner awards cannot be redeem online. You need to call AK at 1-800-307-6912.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Icelandair is an airline partner of Alaska Airlines so you can redeem your AK miles for a flight through Icelandair. It has to be roundtrip and those partner awards cannot be redeem online. You need to call AK at 1-800-307-6912.
You can also earn AK miles for a paid flight on Icelandair. (My wife and I recently did this in Saga class and then redeemed the AK miles for a flight from ANC to the lower 48 after a cruise to Alaska.)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by SEB2
Does Iceland Air belong to any other airline frequent flyer programs as a partner or alliance member? I am putting together a trip from San Diego to Reykjavik, and I would really like to use some frequent flyer miles.
YES AS and great deals by the by
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Wow, thanks for your update - that's great to hear ^

Since when has this partnership been happening ?
When I asked the question here more than 2 years ago, FI was apparently still the "loner".
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Travelomania

When I asked the question here more than 2 years ago, FI was apparently still the "loner".
Last year some time? It's relatively new.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rtpflyer
Last year some time? It's relatively new.
there are actually some good deals, "comfort coach" r/t sea-cdg is 65K not bad,, Saga class is 80K

Clean ac older 757 but a lot more modern than DL and you know they appreciate our business !
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Travelomania

It's a codeshare agreement since 2010. Alaska Airlines is known to have these weird partnership agreements with multiple alliances/airlines. Icelandair is still not a member of any alliance so it's a good way to redeem your miles, especially if you know how to churn AS mileage products
However, I don't think this codeshare agreement includes Air Iceland, which is a subsidiary of the same parent company and that flies to Greenland. That was the real object of my research when I came across your thread. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Jul 24, 2012 at 2:05 am
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:22 pm

The alliance with Alaska ended 6/1/13
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Martinex
The alliance with Alaska ended 6/1/13
I wonder why. Anyone know or care to speculate? This makes it just an experiment, and Iceland Air is back to its old ways. Not that that's a bad thing - for them, anyway.

Meanwhile, Southwest is fully into "RR 2.0" and the two programs are alignable (sic). Then again, they haven't, and no one but me is so speculating (beating a dead reindeer).
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:50 am

Sorry to bump such an old thread.

But does anyone know of any developments on this? I see that Ireclandair is now part of OneWorld.

Although there is no other option to input a FFP except for Finnair (and Icelandair's own Saga programme) on a dummy booking. And they are not recognised as a 'BA partner'. I imagine they're a trans-Atlantic competitor.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: FI Gold, BA Bronze, SK Silver
Originally Posted by jdw111
Sorry to bump such an old thread.

But does anyone know of any developments on this? I see that Ireclandair is now part of OneWorld.

Although there is no other option to input a FFP except for Finnair (and Icelandair's own Saga programme) on a dummy booking. And they are not recognised as a 'BA partner'. I imagine they're a trans-Atlantic competitor.
I am 99% sure that Icelandair is not a OneWorld partner, although that would make me extremly happy. Why do you say they are part of that now? They are also not to be found on https://www.oneworld.com/

However there is some partnership between Finnair and Icelandair
https://www.icelandair.us/frequent-f...72839/finnair/

So you can collect Saga points if you fly Finnair (but not elite level qualifying points) and the other way around I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.