Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

FlyGlobespan airline Transatlantic flts JFK and BOS to NOC Ireland west airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyGlobespan airline Transatlantic flts JFK and BOS to NOC Ireland west airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Wow! Not very impressed with those TATL reviews.
To be fair, the website you looked at doesn't have very positive reviews of many airlines on there - see what they say about the major UK and US carriers for example.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
see what they say about the major UK and US carriers for example.
Some quite deservedly
Old Feb 19, 2007, 7:28 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Globespan is fine - I flew Business in October from GLA-SFB and back. It was a 767 and the service was very good. Probably better service than I've had with Virgin, on a par with a so-so BA day.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again for the direct flight, but would prefer a bed on TATL if possible That said, for the same money as WT+ on BA it's not to shabby at all.
Old May 24, 2007, 6:16 pm

Aircraft type Boston-Knock?

Can anyone confirm the type of aircraft flyglobespan will be using on the Boston-Knock route?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by scdrb
Can anyone confirm the type of aircraft flyglobespan will be using on the Boston-Knock route?
Sorry but its a 737, NOC-JFK is a 757.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Short trip report NOC-JFK

Ireland West-Knock to JFK New York, June 5th 07. I booked a one-way business ticket for around 450 euro. Arrived at NOC two hours before departure, which was scheduled for 2:30 local time. Check in was slow, as information had to be entered into laptops and sent on to US immigration. There were two check in desks, but no business line or priority boarding (at Jfk there are Business, economy, and economy plus check in). The plane arrived about one hour before departure from Liverpool and we took off on time. The plane itself was a Icelandair 757, with Icelandic crew. There were 2 Flight attendants for the main cabin and just one for business. FA in business worked very hard, but the service was very slow. Drinks served after take off and the food service started soon after. Food was Y standard, inflight entertainment was decent. Entertainment system worked fine, toliets and cabin were clean, staff were friendly and helpful. J seats were similar to AA 757 F. We arrived early at JFK and immigration/customs went smoothly. I would compare the overall service to BA's Club Europe or American's domestic First product in the US. Overall I was happy with the whole experience, but may have caught them on a good day in terms of departing on time.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
Short trip report NOC-JFK

Ireland West-Knock to JFK New York, June 5th 07. I booked a one-way business ticket for around 450 euro. Arrived at NOC two hours before departure, which was scheduled for 2:30 local time. Check in was slow, as information had to be entered into laptops and sent on to US immigration. There were two check in desks, but no business line or priority boarding (at Jfk there are Business, economy, and economy plus check in). The plane arrived about one hour before departure from Liverpool and we took off on time. The plane itself was a Icelandair 757, with Icelandic crew. There were 2 Flight attendants for the main cabin and just one for business. FA in business worked very hard, but the service was very slow. Drinks served after take off and the food service started soon after. Food was Y standard, inflight entertainment was decent. Entertainment system worked fine, toliets and cabin were clean, staff were friendly and helpful. J seats were similar to AA 757 F. We arrived early at JFK and immigration/customs went smoothly. I would compare the overall service to BA's Club Europe or American's domestic First product in the US. Overall I was happy with the whole experience, but may have caught them on a good day in terms of departing on time.
So no preclearance at Knock - is that correct??

Any way to tell what % of load originated at Knock??
Old Jun 17, 2007, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eireman
So no preclearance at Knock - is that correct??

Any way to tell what % of load originated at Knock??
No preclearance like SNN and DUB. The load was split 50-50 between NOC and LPL.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:01 pm

It appears that Zoom will be taking over many of the flyglobespan longhaul flights...including the JFK and BOS flights. Maybe those reviews were starting to have an impact.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: co
no plane or late plane

This seems to be the problem with Flyglobespan. The LPL flight today is 18 hours late.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Originally Posted by rdwootty
This seems to be the problem with Flyglobespan. The LPL flight today is 18 hours late.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0702/globespan.html

Feel sorry for anyone using them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.