Search

Vueling Visa credit card in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Vueling Visa credit card in Spain

Hi,
Anyone has experience with Vueling Visa Credit Card issued by La Caixa bank? The benefits seem great for people who use Vueling frequently?
On the other hand, La Caixa bank is known for high maintenance fees and service fees in Spain. Is it mandatory to become customer of La Caixa bank?

Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No, you aren't required to move your current account to La Caixa.

But I did notice this little gem in the T&Cs.

Los Avios otorgados de conformidad con esta Parte A no son acumulables a los Avios otorgados a
los Socios de Vueling Club en el marco del Programa Vueling Club
So you don't receive that much of a bonus for paying for your Vueling flights with this card.

In any event, if you fly Vueling a lot, this card might come in handy.
flyinglan likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Is this a new card? Haven't seen it before.
Currently have the AirEuropa card through Bankintercard which gives you Silver with SkyTeam for 3 purchases in the first year.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 5:23 pm

Just applied for and got approved for the Vueling UP!

The headlines
- 9000avios bonus (when you spend €600 in 3 months)
- 1avois for every €2 spent on non-Vueling purchases (similar/better than Amex Gold, and the same as AirEuropa)
- 7/9 avois for every € spent with Vueling
- Priotity boarding, no change fees, Fasttrack in Spain and "exclusive" checkindesks - only when paying with the card.

Should note I'm a La Caxia customer with a VISA n Go card and don't pay any fees. (Thank god, i know their debit product is horrendous).
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marconess
Just applied for and got approved for the Vueling UP!

The headlines
- 9000avios bonus (when you spend €600 in 3 months)
- 1avois for every €2 spent on non-Vueling purchases (similar/better than Amex Gold, and the same as AirEuropa)
- 7/9 avois for every € spent with Vueling
- Priotity boarding, no change fees, Fasttrack in Spain and "exclusive" checkindesks - only when paying with the card.

Should note I'm a La Caxia customer with a VISA n Go card and don't pay any fees. (Thank god, i know their debit product is horrendous).
I sent in my application last week and waiting for the reply. First year free seems a deal. Espacially for those based in BCN.
What does Priority Boarding benefit give you? Group one? If that's the case, do you get to bring overhead luggage like rest of the group one customers do?
marconess likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by flyinglan
I sent in my application last week and waiting for the reply. First year free seems a deal. Espacially for those based in BCN.
What does Priority Boarding benefit give you? Group one? If that's the case, do you get to bring overhead luggage like rest of the group one customers do?
Annoyingly had the card a while and never yet booked a Vueling flight as my travel hasn't included a VY flight. But will report back when I do!

Also called La Caxia the other day and they said zero non-europe/FX fees.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Annoyingly had the card a while and never yet booked a Vueling flight as my travel hasn't included a VY flight. But will report back when I do!

Also called La Caxia the other day and they said zero non-europe/FX fees.
zero non-EU FX fees is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:14 am

zero non-EU FX fees is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Just as a side note, my La Caxia Advisor emailed me today to confirm. His email below

Code:
If you pay in any other currency that is not euro you will have just the exchange rate .

You have charges if you use it to cash out in another machine that is no Caixa.

Regards
flyinglan likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Just as a side note, my La Caxia Advisor emailed me today to confirm. His email below

Code:
If you pay in any other currency that is not euro you will have just the exchange rate .

You have charges if you use it to cash out in another machine that is no Caixa.

Regards
Mine was approved, but when I read the contract, it says FX fees for both transactions in EU/EEA and outside is 3.95% additional. That seems outrageous for within EU/EEA, I thought Visa/Master card has a fee cap within EU/EEA due to its market dominance.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mine was approved, but when I read the contract, it says FX fees for both transactions in EU/EEA and outside is 3.95% additional. That seems outrageous for within EU/EEA, I thought Visa/Master card has a fee cap within EU/EEA due to its market dominance.
AFAIK only interchange fees are capped. (i.e. the amount charged to the merchant)

FX fees are fine. Obviously not for euro payments in France or Germany, but zlotys, Swiss francs, kroner, etc. are all fair game for adding an FX fee.

Even "no commission" cards still force you to take the made-up rate that Visa and Mastercard apply. Wise is what you need for international travel...
flyinglan likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Report back a few data point about the Vueling Visa Up benefit.
When I book the flight through Vueling site with my membership credential, it will display a complimentary one time same day flight change line item. Somehow my vueling membership account is noted that I am a Visa Up credit card owner. I believe none status member will have the option to purchase it (flexi) during the booking process for a fee. Same day flight change is free after paying the fare difference.
Haven't actually take the flight, so I will report back other benefits.
marconess likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:55 am

Report back a few data point about the Vueling Visa Up benefit.
When I book the flight through Vueling site with my membership credential, it will display a complimentary one time same day flight change line item. Somehow my vueling membership account is noted that I am a Visa Up credit card owner. I believe none status member will have the option to purchase it (flexi) during the booking process for a fee. Same day flight change is free after paying the fare difference.
Haven't actually take the flight, so I will report back other benefits.
Thanks please keep us posted. My 9k just posted but haven't actually used for it flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.