Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland Air SAGA class meals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM and AA
Iceland Air SAGA class meals

I’m going to try FI for the first time since they fly my route. PRG-KEF-RDU and return.

Anyone experienced with SAGA class, I have a question.

Do they offer pre-order meals for Saga? I see the special diet menu items, but the default option is “meal of the day”

Do they ever reveal what that is in advance?

Also, departing KEF, what is normally considered a seafood meal?

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
I don't believe they ever do pre-order.

Here's a menu from July 2023.

Menu offering choice of beef or chicken for main dish

I've tried the Kosher meal and the Fruit Plate in Saga class. Since I don't eat pork or shellfish, I was concerned about regular menu items being appropriate for me. I was glad for my Kosher meal (and it was a pretty good version of that special meal), but I wouldn't have gone hungry if I had rolled the dice. I think I would've missed out on both appetizers, but didn't get a menu photo from my return flight to confirm that.

I commented recently in another thread where the OP showed a photo of a Gluten Free meal on FI.

There isn't a ton of online content regarding FI meals. If you order a special meal, make sure you come back and post to help fill that gap.
Kurteous likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAGA Gymnastics 4.
I flew Icelandair Saga last Sunday and requested a low calorie meal, which comprised an absolutely lovely chunk of beef, some potatoes and veggies and a strange looking but delightful pudding which was like semolina but way, way nicer. The whole meal was very tasty.
WanderingNikon and willoL like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:44 pm

Salmon Served Three Ways Saga Premium Entree

We flew from Keflavik back to the United States on March 14, 2024. We won an upgrade and were not given a choice to pre-order a meal. During the flight, the flight attendant passed out menus for food and drinks. Here is the Saga Premium menu for KEF -> NA

Starter: Bread with whipped butter and Icelandic sea salt. We had a choice of breads to select from.
Caesar salad - this was really a chicken salad.

Main course: Lamb shank with potatoes, baby carrots, and asparagus OR
Salmon three ways, served with blini pancakes and gravlax sauce. The salmon was served cold.

Dessert: Caramel-chocolate mousse with Oreo crumbles

Salmon Three Ways with blini pancakes and gravlax - served cold (March 2024)

Chicken salad, roll, entree: Salmon Three Ways with blini pancakes and gravlax (served cold) and Caramel-chocolate mousse with Oreo crumble dessert

Nice real silverware

Icelandair Saga Premium Menu from KEF to NA. March 2024

Icelandair Saga Premium Gin Menu

Icelandair Saga Premium Beverages

Icelandair Saga Premium White Wine Menu

Icelandair Saga Premium Red Wine Menu

Icelandair Saga Premium Sparkling Wine and Champagne Menu

Icelandair Saga Premium Gin Menu page 2

Pre-departure drinks and for dinner: Mini-bottle of champagne, espresso martini in a can. Iceland water. Parmesan crisp snack.

Last edited by ClaireWithLove; Mar 27, 2024 at 3:34 pm Reason: Adding pictures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.