Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Vueling, traveling with infant carry on allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 6:02 am
Original Poster

I'm hoping someone has experience traveling with an infant on Vueling.

The website says that anyone traveling with an infant get the under seat bag and one carry on that's 10kg. I'm trying to figure out if it extends to the other adult passenger on the same itinerary. The website won't let me buy carry on luggage at all for the 2nd passenger but if I do a booking with no infant, it will let me buy carry on luggage.

Wondering if the free carry on is extended to everyone on the reservation or if it's just a glitch in the website, since the person booked with the infant already gets a free carryon, This is of course the basic fare.

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
AFAIK you cannot book just 1 person in a PNR with Priority Boarding + overhead locker bag.

So, it makes sense that, since an infant gets that automatically, everybody on the same PNR gets it as well.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
AFAIK you cannot book just 1 person in a PNR with Priority Boarding + overhead locker bag.

So, it makes sense that, since an infant gets that automatically, everybody on the same PNR gets it as well.
Thanks, it makes sense to me. I tried a dummy booking and I couldn't add the carry on to just one person, like you can with bags or seats, so what you said makes sense.

I'll report back after my flight, if it is true or not, that way others will know for the future. It's just one extra carry on bag, website says worst case it's 30 euros.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Reporting back, I had 2 other passengers on the same PNR as me with the infant. I got the Priority with the carry on for free since I had the infant. The others on the boarding pass said underseat bag only. There was no option to upgrade the other 2 when booking the flight since my ticket with the infant was priority with carry on already for free. The only way I could see was to pay for the seat upgrade, priority, carry on combo but you couldn't do the priority and carry on by itself. I was boarding group 1 and the other 2 people were group 2 but they let us board together in Group 1. I'm not sure if they were checking bags or not for the other 2 people so you might get away with it. YMMV.
TravelLawyer and craigthemif like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.