Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland Air voucher split 3 ways?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Iceland Air voucher split 3 ways?

Sorry to ask a question that is probably easy to answer for a lot of flyer talk members, but I purchased 3 tickets for my friend and her sister on my credit card to Iceland for a trip we can’t take. How does the voucher work? Do we all have to travel again at the same time, or can we travel at different times using the voucher identification number? I haven’t applied for the voucher yet as our flight is in September but just want to make sure I understand the process correctly. Thanks for any help and information.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Most airlines vouchers tend to have a validity time frame. One voucher per ticket, and can be used independently from the others, or they can be combined. Some airlines issue a paper voucehr addressed to the ticket holder, others use e-vouchers. Treat them like money, if you loose them, they are not replaceble. Vouchers can be used to purchase tickets for other people.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much. I was hoping they would come in 3 separate vouchers in case we aren’t all able to travel together again in the future.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dicoverist
Originally Posted by Travis123
Thank you very much. I was hoping they would come in 3 separate vouchers in case we aren’t all able to travel together again in the future.
From Iceland Air's voucher FAQs:

​​​​​ the travel credit can be used to purchase flights for other people.

​​​​​​you are free to make any booking you like. You can book for different people and choose a different destination.

​​​​​​you can use the credit for multiple bookings.
Travis123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.