Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair tracking period?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Icelandair tracking period?

I am confused on how earning status with Icelandair works. I just earned silver status with them, and the web site shows how many points I would still need to earn in order to become gold (i.e. to reach 40000 points). But what is unclear is how much time I have to earn those points. It appears that the system is not based on calendar year as my newly minted Silver card will expire in September 2020. Is this calendar year based, rolling 12 month based or what?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Yes, tier points expire one year after earning them. As you just made Silver, you have earned 40,000 tier points
in the past year, but your total tier points accrual will go down as the tier points you have expire at the 1 year point.

So, to make Gold, you need to get to the 80,000 point mark within the 12 month look-back window.

As a Silver, you get a 10% bonus on tier points, so getting to Gold will happen with a shade less flying.

Be sure to take advantage of your one time Silver upgrade, as it is a booked upgrade, as opposed to the space
available upgrade at the gate for Gold.

Congrats on Silver, hope you make Gold.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Donna49
Yes, tier points expire one year after earning them. As you just made Silver, you have earned 40,000 tier points
in the past year, but your total tier points accrual will go down as the tier points you have expire at the 1 year point.

So, to make Gold, you need to get to the 80,000 point mark within the 12 month look-back window.

As a Silver, you get a 10% bonus on tier points, so getting to Gold will happen with a shade less flying.

Be sure to take advantage of your one time Silver upgrade, as it is a booked upgrade, as opposed to the space
available upgrade at the gate for Gold.

Congrats on Silver, hope you make Gold.
Thanks for the good explanation. Looking at my accrual history, I will have a couple thousand points expiring in the next week, which I suppose will now be wasted, after which I have several months until the next expiration. Gold is now slightly over 20.000 points away so basically one transatlantic return in J plus maybe a few segments on Alaska. Or one transatlantic in J and another one in Y with the guaranteed upgrade. But good to know that these do not need to be accrued during 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.