Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian - Oslo transit, collect baggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I'm flying to TOS from LGW soon, which goes via OSL.
Anyone know if I need to exit and collect my checked baggage then check in again? Although it's all one booking, the LGW<>OSL legs are Dxxxx and the OSL<>TOS legs are DYxxx (was meant to be both DY on the return, but the last leg was cancelled as it was a MAX and rebooked onto another D operated...

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
You're luggage will be checked right through. No need to collect and recheck your luggage if all on the same PNR (despite the different flight codes)
jowlymonster likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

That's what I hoped, thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: VS Gold
Doing International -> Domestic at Oslo is actually pretty easy, once you go through transfer security and passport control, you proceed to a small corridor where you scan your boarding pass and you are shown a photo of your luggage. You just then confirm whether you have any customs declarations, and then you go through :-)
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones
Doing International -> Domestic at Oslo is actually pretty easy, once you go through transfer security and passport control, you proceed to a small corridor where you scan your boarding pass and you are shown a photo of your luggage. You just then confirm whether you have any customs declarations, and then you go through :-)
A photo of my luggage? Exciting!

I've only done this route once before but we came in on Ryanair transferring to SAS, so exited "fully" and came back in. This all sounds relatively straightforward though
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: VS Gold
Yep! I have done the same trip as you - only LHR-OSL-TOS and back on SAS :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.