Wiki Posts
Search

Refund plus 20% value of voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
Refund plus 20% value of voucher

I cancelled a flight because TAP changed my flight. The flight was booked in June and flights were cancelled in July for YUL-LIS-LHR. Thereafter, I requested a voucher. I was under the impression that I will have 20% more of the voucher value.

According to this, I should be qualified. Anyone has similar problems?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
I cancelled a flight because TAP changed my flight. The flight was booked in June and flights were cancelled in July for YUL-LIS-LHR. Thereafter, I requested a voucher. I was under the impression that I will have 20% more of the voucher value.

According to this, I should be qualified. Anyone has similar problems?

But what is the problem? Are you still waiting for the voucher, or have you received a 100% one, rather than 120%?

If the cancelled flight were scheduled to take place before end-August (you don't say) you should get 120%.

TAP can throw in jiggery-pokery about treating round-trip tickets as two one-ways, but even if your return is after the cut-off date, it would be unreasonable for them to attempt to exclude the return flight from the 20% boost.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for not making myself clearer. Yes I was hoping to say that I was issued a voucher just of 100% of the value. Moreover, the flight in question is supposed to depart late August. According to the terms and conditions, it should fall within the 120% promotion.

It was an one way flight from YUL-LHR via LIS. I have sent an email at the contact centre email and [email protected]. Let's see what will happen.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry for not making myself clearer. Yes I was hoping to say that I was issued a voucher just of 100% of the value. Moreover, the flight in question is supposed to depart late August. According to the terms and conditions, it should fall within the 120% promotion.

It was an one way flight from YUL-LHR via LIS. I have sent an email at the contact centre email and [email protected]. Let's see what will happen.
If it was a one-way ticket, rather than the return flight of a round-trip, then it seems you qualify for the 120% ... though if it was through an agency, that can muddy waters.

You've probably gathered from this forum that TAP's customer service can be a trial to deal with. Some people find the social media team via Twitter or Facebook can move things along, so that might be worth trying.

Finally, I'm sure you have the email address correct, but the "rare." in the email address looks odd - unless "rare refunds" are an inside joke at TAP.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cancelled a BCN-LIS trip for early July and got a voucher with the extra 20%. It was a nice surprise because I didn't know about it.

I would have preferred a refund but it was just a two-hour schedule change so they said Não to that idea.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Mystery solved. Apparently I booked some of the ticket with voucher. It’s not eligible. Thanks for the advice! Facebook is quick
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mystery solved. Apparently I booked some of the ticket with voucher. It’s not eligible. Thanks for the advice! Facebook is quick
I'm pleased you got there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.