Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie EU 261 surprisingly good compensation experience - August 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver

Have been surprised by the good experience I have had with La Compagnie and an EC261 / EU261 claim.

La Compagnie Flight # B0 100 from Paris ORY to Newark EWR was delayed by five and a half hours on Monday August 6th. My wife was on this flight that was supposed to take off at 10:30am and actually took off at 4:46pm.

Cause of the delay was mechanical - and inbound from EWR was delayed.

I submitted their claim form online the next day, August 7th at 1:00am and immediately received an automated email confirmation with a confirmation number.

Then 50 hours later I received an email from their customer service department offering a choice of either (1) $700 paid by wire transfer or (2) $1000 La Compagnie voucher valid for one year.

We decided to go for the cash for a few reasons.

1. Not enough of a difference between $700 cash and $1000 voucher
2. Had it been $1500 voucher or an unrestricted round-trip ticket we might have considered the ticket option
3. We're not sure we'll be able to use it within a year - if they made it a two year expiration we might have also been willing to take it because we both love Paris.
4. To be honest, who knows how long they will be around for... as the saying goes " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

I responded with bank information (I am sure it is hard for most Americans to provide wire transfer information for their bank - thankfully I had it all handy).

Funds were received into our account on 08/21/2018

To summarize:

August 6th - delay occurred
August 7th - claim submitted to La Compagnie
August 9th - claim approved by La Compagnie
August 21 - claim payment received in bank account by wire transfer

Overall a surprisingly good experience. No resistance, fast reply, quick payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.