Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

If Norwegian JFK reservation shows "1 Nice&Nasty Menu", does that mean I'll get meal?

If Norwegian JFK reservation shows "1 Nice&Nasty Menu", does that mean I'll get meal?

Old Jul 29, 18, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA

A company that invited me to the UK paid for my JFK-LGW-JFK ticket. They emailed me the reservation. When I looked it up on Norwegian's website, it showed "1 Nice&Tasty Menu" as well "1x seat reservation" and 2 checked bags. Does that mean I'll get a meal on the flight? If so, how do the flight attendants whose reservation included meals? Never been on Norwegian before...

Thanks!

Last edited by geometry; Jul 30, 18 at 3:26 pm
Old Jul 29, 18, 3:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Nice&Nasty? Seriously? Could you have somehow meant Nice & Tasty?
Palal, cscasi and pilgrim like this.
Old Jul 29, 18, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Nice&Nasty? Seriously? Could you have somehow meant Nice & Tasty?
oh... sorry... I just looked at the reservation again and it does indeed say "Nice & Tasty" not "Nice and Nasty" menu. I guess I was having a Freudian slip moment there. I must have been thinking about the nasty in-flight meal that I had last year on United's Newark-Zurich flight.
MileageAddict likes this.
Old Jul 29, 18, 4:38 pm

While I've not flowing Norwegian long-haul, I'm pretty sure that does indeed mean you have a meal. Norwegian's fare families are below. The fact you have 2 checked bags rather than 1 suggests the company has booked you a Flex fare which includes Fast Track too. Or it may have a corporate fare which is equivalent of the Lowfare+ but with an extra checked bag (or indeed they just bought you the extra one for good measure). Whichever way, you'll get a meal. Your boarding pass should indicate if you have Fast Track.

The cabin crew will have a list of pax entitled to a meal associated to their seat numbers, so if you decide to move seats onboard you should let them know.

Old Jul 30, 18, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Norwegian, SAS, ČSA OK Plus, Priority Pass
Nice and Nasty really amused me!
Yes, the attendants know VERY WELL which seats qualifies for meals (or even a cup of water!)... Have a good trip!
Old Jul 30, 18, 11:53 am

Don't expect much though. Nice & Tasty was the worst meal I had in TATL economy.
Old Jul 30, 18, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prgboy View Post
Nice and Nasty really amused me!
Yes, the attendants know VERY WELL which seats qualifies for meals (or even a cup of water!)... Have a good trip!
well... not exactly... I was served a meal. But the guy sitting next to me also got served a meal. He told the flight attendant that he did NOT buy a meal. The FA just said "please take it anyway..."(like she was too busy to care one way or the other) They guy reluctantly took the mean, had a couple of bites and went back to watching movies. The entree was indeed tasty, but unfortunately, I couldn't tell if it was fish, beef, chicken or otherwise. (the FA said it was beef) Also received breakfast before landing... (the guy next to me didn't get anything this time)
Old Jul 31, 18, 6:57 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Congratulations, this just made TalkMail...and my morning!

(This feels like it should be one of the offerings on "Honest Airlines": Itchy Feet: the Travel and Language Comic: Fair-Weather Customer )
Old Jul 31, 18, 8:51 am

Programs: AA,BA,CO,AMEX,SPG
What a lame excuse.
Old Aug 28, 18, 8:20 pm

Nice&Tasty Menu

I really enjoy the nice and tasty meal on Norwegian. The second meal was anything but, both ways, OAK-OSL, and LGW-OAK, the second meal was a dry ham and cheese sandwich. I had Beef on the outbound and Chicken on the return. Both were really good. I also ate my Daughters kids meal, which was also good.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: