Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Meal purchase with Saga Club points on Icelandair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, Saga Club, IHG Rewards Club

Has anyone experience with using a copy of their Saga Club card on a notebook instead of the actual card for meal purchase. We want to use the points from our outward flight on the return leg. Our cards were mailed to our home.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
I believe they have to scan your card, have you tried tweeting the airline? They tend to be pretty good at getting back to you within 24hrs
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, Saga Club, IHG Rewards Club
Thanks, yes Icelandair confirmed they need the actual card to swipe it with the credit card
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Have any FTers redeemed Saga Club points for meal and drink purchases while on board? I have my hardcopy card but wondered whether anyone could chime in with their experiences.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I thought I would share an update to answer my own question having now flown on FI and used my Saga Card as payment for food onboard.

Having accumulated 8400 miles from my 2016 RT to Europe I had more than enough for the hamburger slider combo that comes with a small can of Pringles and a can of Gull beer which is 3700 miles for what is a cost of about EUR22. I gave my Saga Club card to the FA who also asked for a CC in case there wasn't enough points to cover the whole redemption. When I said there was more than enough it didn't matter so gave my CC as well but the redemption went through quickly and she gave the food, snack & beer. The hamburger sliders are actually quite good and come with a sauce to dip them in so happily consumed this meal bought on points.

While redemption rates may be better if redeemed toward a future flight I thought it better to use them now while I have the chance to avoid out-of-pocket costs as it may be years before I find myself flying FI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.